Outlaw Between the Eyes bug

Saw a note here in the EU forums mentioning a bug that I have been seeing frequently enough to be a problem in Keys since the 10.2 update.

When I go to use the Crackshot procs while in Subterfuge or with the Shadow Dance buff, I tend to have moments where the entire 6 second window is wasted as BTE decides it just does not want to do damage, doesn’t consume a global, plays the audio repeatedly as I try to hit the button to get the ability to go off, and resumes normal use as soon as the Subterfuge or Shadow Dance buff falls off.

It seems to be worse/more frequent this week than it was last week. I was seeing it maybe 1 or 2 times a day, and now it happens 1-2 times per key and immediately breaks the flow of the new rotation as it’s like 20%+ of our damage at the moment.

Is anyone else having this issue suddenly as well?

19 Likes

For me it’ll proc a cooldown when used from stealth if you use it too often or when it feels like not working from the getgo from stealth.

2 Likes

I keep having the same bug

Make sure you’re actually in stealth. Some stuff takes you out of stealth and puts it on cooldown. Like for some reason My’das takes you out of stealth, same for blade flurry when you don’t even hit anything. Could also be a dot or something that’s applied. This is just a failure of crackshot not resetting BtE cooldown when entering the window.

1 Like

Hello again, I’m reaching out to you here to try and solve this thing lol

I didn’t know I couldn’t link an Imgur video link here. I went through the trouble to capture the weird cooldown bug I get

I kill two targets in the video

The first one I approach while stealthed and shoot it with between the eyes and it dies in one hit. I then stealth and turn to another target further away and shoot with between the eyes which triggers a cooldown

From my little experiments I noticed if I kill too fast and subterfuge is ticking down from 3 seconds still that a cooldown would usually proc for me if I stealthed and shot again without waiting about 2 seconds

If you’d like to see the video lets swap battletags or something? I’m really looking to find out whats going on here so I can stop this from happening for myself :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve had some weird interactions a few times now where pressing BtE does trigger the animation, but it doesn’t trigger a gcd during crackshot. I’ve encountered this on the DH boss in BRH, and on some adds that spawn on Raal. It seems that the game somehow things my target is invalid on the server. Swapping targets usually works.

1 Like

Commenting on this because its still happening

5 Likes

Holy hell this thread is 9 months old and this is STILL an issue? What the actual hell Blizzard?

6 Likes

Welcome to Rogue life.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

Standard treatment, just gotta get used to it.

For example, grapple hook has been bugged ever since the S2 Shadowlands pathfinding changes, just breaks and leaves you looking like the John Travolta meme. That’s an issue that’s been known and ignored for almost 6 years now.

I doubt the BtE interaction with Crackshot will see a fix any time soon considering it has been a bug for almost a year now. Probably just getting tossed in the bottom of the “to-do” pile, as a last priority, along with the 40 something other bugs with the class.

7 Likes

Maybe one day Blizzard will get off their lazy asses

3 Likes

also experiencing this, but never before the launch. reading the comments its been around a while and it’s mad annoying and throws the whole rotation off

5 Likes

And absolutely zero word from Blizz

2 Likes

They acknowledged it was a bug in patch notes a while back, also claimed to have fixed it at one point, but the issue continues to rear its head multiple patches later.

I wouldn’t anticipate any word on it. And I’d be careful with language, they removed a number of my posts for being “harassment” and calling the class devs out directly for a lack of response and care to the class.

At this point, I would just anticipate some half-baked rework in 11.1, which half the changes will get reverted in 6 months because Recoup was doing any amount of healing that wasn’t zero again. :dracthyr_tea:

4 Likes

It is easier to ask for non Crackshot builds to be viable than for them to fix the bug. IMVHO!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

100% Agree.
Needs a fix

3 Likes

I’ve been having this issue 2!! Drives me crazy.

Yes happens to me all the time. It also seems I take more damage during that window.

1 Like

Happens a lot, pretty frustrating…

1 Like

Been having some instances where Between the Eyes refuses to go off. I’ve noticed having Subterfuge + Stealth in general causes issues: Adrenaline Rush will tick down with Upper Handed Underhand, a Between the Eyes that does go off goes on cooldown despite having Crackshot.

2 Likes