Original Era players, are you quitting?

Most of us from close to TBC launch have played through the years, we just love… or loved, that version of the game. I know Corpseknife is quitting, I will probably quit, are any of you staying around? This isn’t meant to be an us vs them topic, but just a curiosity if people who played the dead servers are finally bowing out.

13 Likes

I will not be quitting, I’m enjoying the changes that have been implemented into the game so far, It’s honestly got me hooked again, on my server it seems a lot more lively than usual.

4 Likes

I don’t put any stock in things corpseknife says. However if he, or anybody wants to make this their line in the sand to send a message to Blizzard about what they are willing to tolerate, I can respect that.

Personally, I think the outrage is a bit blown out of proportion. Don’t misunderstand me here, this should not have happened, but it’s also not a big deal. Again though, everybody has their own limit and, truth be told, Blizzard doesn’t seem to respect the player base and their desires for Classic. I don’t think unsubbing is going to make a difference, but what other option do you have?

For myself, I’m still getting enjoyment out of Era and that’s not going to change in light of these changes. If these changes are a portent of things to come and Era move away from the things that make it something I truly enjoy, I’ll reevaluate.

Either way, I can’t fault anybody who is choosing to make a statement here. Heh, I look forward to the Madseason and WillE videos on this topic :smiley:

8 Likes

I am sticking around for my guild for a little bit, with the thought that there is a good chance they ‘‘listen to the players’’ and ‘‘revert changes’’ (because PR). But for me personally, I was uneasy with previous changes like ranking or interface, but could understand the reasoning and especially the discussion. This time feels like a too-lazy and disrespectful.

But, they’ve fooled me before, maybe I will be fooled still! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me, it’s an erosion of goodwill that’s been stewing for a while. It started with a new options page. Minor, unexpected, but whatever. Then the TBC portal pass with a level boost, and I did the whole" push up your eyeglasses with your thumb and index finger and rub your nose bridge" bit for a while, and /spat on anyone riding the store mount, then it was the token in Wrath classic (between that and the GDKP spam, I stopped playing on the spot)

2 weeks ago, I decided to finally come back to active playing to get back into HC because Era is my comfort blanket, frankly, and all of a sudden this “broken crap being played off as ‘features!’” was the straw on the proverbial camel’s back.

I’ll resub if and when they walk back these era changes.

13 Likes

At the very least, anyone who cares should at least unsub and state retail features in Era as the reason.

If we don’t do this, Era will be retail with a token before 2026.

24 Likes

No thank you, I’ll stay subbed and continue playing, I don’t really mind the QOL change that was added, being the Guild UI tab.

6 Likes

She did specify people who care to.

4 Likes

The more they break QoL addons, the harder it is to play any version of their game or come back to it.

4 Likes

I don’t mind it that much either, though I do find the new one quite a bit uglier.

But I do mind that they are willing to desecrate the authenticity of vanilla with a change that is so pointless and arguably worse.

It is the meaning of the action, not the action itself.

I unsub my second acc for good, and may unsub this one if I feel more tilted but for now I am enjoying my daily pvp so I’ll stick around.

7 Likes

Yes.

It’s not about the specific changes. It’s that they’ve broken faith and made clear they really just don’t have any respect for us. Even if they reverted the changes it would make no difference. I don’t trust them anymore, and I can’t play their servers anymore without fear of what they’re going to try next.

They don’t deserve my money, so I’m out.

25 Likes

i honestly wouldnt be surprised to see era get a token. Era is full of rmt, if it happens its no ones fault but the playerbase.

1 Like

hashtag perma ban gold buyers, by the way

3 Likes

When the added wow token to wrath the population there dropped into the gutter overnight.

8 Likes

No intention of quitting, too much of the ism to change my routine now.

Cya, space cowboy.

Unhinged lol. You got so mad at a video gane you harrassed people in game.

4 Likes

Zero shot this isn’t a developers burner account.

5 Likes

I am quitting.
Era player since 2019. And before this player of WoW from 2006 through 2018

17 Likes

Yes I am quitting because of this

12 Likes