Org to Zuldazar portal change

Since the latest patch, whenever I use the Org to Zuldazar portal, I end up on the docks of Zuldazar instead of inside the portal room of The Great Seal. Was this intended?

8 Likes

Definitely intended, definitely done out of spite. It USED to be convenient, so naturally they moved it.

17 Likes

The fun detector malfunctioned, and targeted convenience instead.

4 Likes

I just went ahead and tried it on my main and …you’re right???
What’s the purpose of this change?? If I wanted to be teleported to the docks I’d take a boat. I want to be in the portal room.

8 Likes

Maybe that was because the boat you can take from the Echo Isles lands at the dock also.

I saw another poster speculate that it looks more scenic for new players. Seems logical.

To let all bask in the magnificence and splendor of the grand Dazar’alor architectural mastery.

1 Like

and not practical for the old players. There are barely any new players to begin with.

5 Likes

Actually it sounds to me like they’re getting ready to remove the portals from Dazar’alor (and Boralus maybe I wouldn’t know) because DF will be the default leveling area in the future, not BFA.

Probably just leave the Nazjatar and Silithus portals in place.

2 Likes

At least you can teleport. Half the time it loads 3/4 of the way for it to say no instance found.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

It’s more likely that it’s because the docks are where you pick up the introductory quests. Probably done so a new character could take the port and immediately get started.

They just need to make it so the flag for completing the “open the portal room” quest moves the destination to the portal room.

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s just a mixup somewhere.

1 Like

Isn’t this where the intro ports you to when first starting BFA?

This might be a bug with the portal thinking everyone is new and sending them to the origin spot instead of the portal room.

The mage portals still send you to the portal room.

Actually, they do not want people bouncing from Org to Zuldazar to pick up a portal to Thunderbluff for Darkmoon.

1 Like

This thread just reminded me of how much I hated that damn pyramid as a capital city.

Visually awesome, functionally terrible.

3 Likes

Probably the dumbest explanation for a blizzard change yet.

1 Like

Bruh I was trying to give you a possible Blizz explanation, not a logical one.

Was referring to whoever said that. No offense intended.

9 hours later and someone probably already said this but you need to have your hearth set at the top of the pyramid instead of the docks.

Or just leave it as is and fly up.

You can talk to the Darkmoon Faire NPC near the flight master in Org to port you straight to the Darkmoon Faire for a few copper though?

2 Likes