Orc Paladins

Aren’t paladins just priests who sort of infuse themselves with light magic and train martially?

Like it should be painfully obvious that the mechanics in WoW mean that any race can technically be any class as long as they have the aptitude and training. With that in mind at this point we have sunwalkers on the horde side so having that be your tie in to get orc paladins would work. Same with NEs becoming paladins of elune or w/e since they literally live in SW where paladins train and all…

Homogenization is bad for the game. People who use pLaYEr cHOicE as their reasoning lack any remaining brain cells.

Encouraging the lore to be permanently destroyed for choices no one actually needs or deserves will always be bad for this game. This game was never made with the intent of removing restrictions. Cultures do not just magically change because you want them to do so simply for things that won’t make sense.

I can’t wait for this to age as poorly as finishing the heritage armor did.

1 Like

So the devs didn’t include ‘of the sun’ like the trainers did. So what?

Look, you can pick at the lore to suit your vision as much as you want but two major things stand:

They worship An’she, not the Light.

They are called Sunwalkers, not Paladins or Lightwalkers.

So they are not actual paladins according to the original lore.

But they are Sunwalkers which is a unique racial thing so I am not understanding your issue.

I’m not the one that actually does this. It’s people that say that they’re not Paladins, they don’t use the Light, they’re sun druids, etc.

There is nothing in the lore to support this and that’s why I’m 100% against this headcanon.

Prove it. You’re saying there’s actual lore that says they’re not Paladins so show me.

1 Like

In the original lore, paladins worshipped the Light.

Not a sun god, not a loa, the Light.

Sunwalkers do not worship the Light.

So not paladins according to the original lore.

We are getting them ALL.

I just wondered how people would prefer we get them: just slapped on or with a skin.

This assumes factions that follow the light are never at odds with each other. This hasn’t been an in game reality especially since the release of BC and the Horde got paladins. The line between priests and paladins is a direct one. There are Mag’har priests. Plus there is the added social pressure of being an orc to swing axes versus wands.

1 Like

Where does it say that a Paladin can only be a Paladin if they worship the Light?

Also, if An’she is a god of Light, like Anduin says he is, then they are worshiping the Light.

There’s more evidence in lore that An’she is a god of Light than there isn’t. I showed you the text that Sunwalkers bless their sacred mounts with holy magic. Sunwalker Dezco is said to have created “shields of light” and “channels holy energy” that he specifically said he got from An’she (short story “Bleeding Sun” by some dude named Matt Burns.)

The only thing you have showed me is you saying “nuh huh” like all the other Sunwalker naysayers.

p.s. I don’t understand why you even brought this up:

So… humans should be called Knights of the Light Hands? LOL I mean, come on, it’s just the name of their order.

3 Likes

I would say this - regular Orcs can’t be priests at the moment - and a Paladin is basically just a Priest in Plate Armor… as such regular Orcs should be able to be Paladins - until that hurdle is cleared.

That said - Mag’har Orcs can be Priests - as such they should be able to be Paladins.

Being a priest isn’t the only requirement. For one thing, everyone seems to forget that priests in this game have two orders: Light and Void.

If a race leans more towards the Void than Light, then they wouldn’t really lean towards having a paladin order.

I agree with your whole post.

But the reality is, all race/all class is coming.

So I am interested in how the playerbase would like to see it come.

Slapdash or integrated into the race’s established culture.

Originally it wasn’t even “the light” it was “the spirit of humanity.” People that treat the lore as some sort of sacred text Blizzard found in a cave and slowly reveals to us, rather than a validation for some cool crap in a game.

Except mechanically every Priest can yield the light… they didn’t… for example… change Night Elf Priests to yield different flavor text of spells to honor Elune. It’s just Holy Light casting Priests.

Even if they do happen it will take them over 10 years to properly do it if they even care to do so.

We still should fight it regardless. I am uninterested in having the lore and story get ruined for a bunch of losers. The one thing that sets WoW apart and people want it all gone, it’s sad really. WoW is already falling into complete obscurity, removing these restrictions would be the final nail in the coffin for the actual majority.

People seem to forget how much of a minority the forums are especially.

Mechanically, yes. Blizzard isn’t going to gray out the Holy tree for velves or the Shadow tree for LFD. This is one case where gameplay trumps lore.

However, Silverleigh is right about one thing: all race/classes are coming. Won’t be right away but I bet within the next 3 years we’ll be seeing Velf Paladins. I hope Blizzard gives them purple spell effects and calls their order “Shadow Knights.”

Maghr subjugated by yrel to wield the light

Vulpera Paladins first.

lmao.

Well here is the problem, what is a night elf priest? Starshards is arcane.

Starfall prior to WoW was a high priestess ability.

I don’t know. My brain is broke.

I can’t wait to be a vulpera.