Orc or Mag'har Orc

I’m wanting to make a warrior for my Horde side besides my troll warrior, but i cant decide between Orc or Mag’har. The heritage armors look cool for both, Mag’har feeling a bit better (to me at least, please don’t roast me on my personal bias). But i dont want to have just 2 orc warriors even if they are different races.

If someone could provide me which should be warrior, and a suitable class for the other, i would like to hear it. It could help me decide, cause i wanna use heritage armor for them, and the whole banner thing for the regular Orc too.

And, if you wanna know which armor/banner i was gonna use, i was gonna do Frostwolf for both since its my favorite of the Orc clans

1 Like

I always like Orc . Mean and green like the Hulk .

2 Likes

It is a tough choice, I like both of them. I also have a warrior and DK of each race because I couldn’t decide which I liked better.

The traditional orc’s racials are a bit better. Still haven’t had spirit of ancestors or whatever it is called do anything notable to improve the situation where I clicked it.

I think, overall, Mag’har heritage armor looks better than regular Orc Heritage armor; however, regular Orcs tend to look better in many non-heritage armor sets in my view.

I swapped my Orc Warrior to Mag’har as soon as they came out, because I had Tusks of Mannoroth ready to go. However, if it weren’t for that one particular item, I would probably be rocking the Elite PvP set from BfA S1 on a regular Orc. That’s a nice looking set, and the Helmet gives it Warcraft: Orcs and Humans vibes.

My advice: Unless you’re planning on using Heritage Armor and/or Tusks, make a regular Orc Warrior, then go do a Mag’har Shaman perhaps?

I was gonna use the full heritage for both orcs, MAYBE mix in some other armor pieces for some visual alterstions. Hence why I’m trying to figure which to go with for warrior, since both sets look amazing for a warrior playstyle, but i can see them fitting other classes, either as is or with mixed pieces added in

1 Like

Both, however if you have to choose I’d say Orc; the Heritage Armour quest is truly amazing. One of the best questlines I’ve ever done, and worth the experience.

5 Likes

If this is the case, I would recommend playing around with appearances in the transmog tab first. Both sets are great, but honestly they run into trouble matching other sets.

I can really only speak for Plate here, but I feel like the Mag’har Heritage armor gives you more flexibility. The MU Orc Heritage set, while it (mostly) looks nice, has fairly unique color saturations that seem to clash with other armor pieces imo.

I actually can find armor pieces to mix and match even if the colors dont blend sometimes. My Draenei Rogue is wearing the recolor of the rogue 3-piece from the Remix, and i found armors to match well with them along with daggers to match.

Since i wanna use the Frostwolf versions of the armors, i imagine i could find something to match with them even if the colors are a little off. Like i imagine some pieces could mix with the blue version of the ICC raid armor on shaman.

I’m just mainly trying to figure which for warrior cause warrior armors don’t interest me as much, but i can still use their heritage in place. Plus there’s Gorehowl to use for Arms spec (which is the one i was gonna use)

1 Like

Green. Much better than the “Oh, they were just Klingons all along until they drank demon blood and turned green!” Mag’har.

2 Likes

Geezzz the racism in this thread :rofl:

Night Elf.

Human works.

An Orc wearing a dress is still an Orc.

2 Likes

I know you said u want to do frost wolf armor, so probably frost wolf orc, but I say go mag har because the variety of clans is very cool.

And being an untainted orc is pretty cool!

1 Like

I agree with playing around with appearances in the xmog tab. Especially if you have a particular piece or theme that you want to use.

If that doesn’t matter, I like Mag’har orcs myself.

1 Like

If it’s green, you know they’re mean. If it’s brown, flush it down.

I think I’ve settled on doing a Mag’har Orc Warrior. I love their heritage armor more, and I like the visual of the new Gorehowl on them. Now it’s just a matter of… getting the new Gorehowl, since I only have the old one

2 Likes

My warrior use to be an orc (Mag’har), but I feel orc lore always gets trashed on.

Like orcs are nothing beyond fodder for the Alliance, save except perhaps Thrall … for now. :joy:

IMO normal Orc is not only better looking but vastly superior racials. Also, I think the heritage or a normal orc is wayyyyy cooler.

Regular Orc has much better customisation. But mag’har orc has the outdoor mount speed bonus racial. I cannot undersell how amazing this racial is in BGs. Especially if you’re a DK.

Also mag’har heritage armour is way better than regular Orc.

1 Like