OPTIONAL Updated Character Models for Classic

Blizzard did a fantastic job on the new models and I think they should add an option for them in Classic.

Thoughts?

Edit: I’m NOT trolling.

4 Likes

Not going to happen.

10 Likes

I mean you can make it happen :wink:

2 Likes

just one #nochanges

3 Likes

No! < (must be 10 characters)

2 Likes

No. This actually explains why the toggle option to use the original models on retail was removed. Because the old models would be an exclusive option for Classic and fits the atmosphere more appropriately.

2 Likes

No

2 Likes

They COULD, but it’s not something they’re going to do any time soon. It’s a huge project because all the armor models have to be redone to work with the new ones. (that’s why they trashed the option to go back to the old models). Give it time to see where they decide to go with Classic, it might happen, but it’s probably not going to be something that gets any kind of priority.

1 Like

First the Retail team that handles models would need to fix the model toggle in Retail in a way that it never gets broken by their ongoing changes.

Second, which models? Some of them have changed multiple times over the years. Only player character? NPCs like the king of Stormwind and Sylvannas?

Third … right now, #nochanges. The game is almost here. If you can’t stand the models so much that you can’t enjoy the game, don’t play. (And I highly recommend you stay away from most retro gaming and only consider games specifically called Remasters.)

And worry constantly about an account action. Any sort of model swapping is considered a violation of the Terms - those files are not supposed to be tampered with.

2 Likes

I could take it or leave it. I may be the only one? But im not going back to classic for the graphics. Im going back for the hard grind. The giant world that you cant just skip over with flying ability or all these flight paths. Not having cross-realm, and actually seeing the same names running around the world at level 60 that you saw when you were leveling up earlier on. Badass 2 hours fights in AV.

Some quality of life or graphic updates on a toggle, not gonna ruin the classic experience. Not going to put you behind the curve if you decide to not use them. Some potential addons or quality of life updates could very well ruin the classic experience across the board for everyone though.

Its hard to choose. Regardless, take what you can get and have fun on Monday.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was an add-on or something that could make this happen.

1 Like

Im very excited for classic and dont mind playing with old models one bit. That being said if the option to toggle improved models/graphics were available I would definately turn it on.

4 Likes

if it does happen (which, personally i would like to happen) it will most likely be after phase 6 if they continue on from there.

Wouldn’t the different animations and various gear be an issue? Or could they literally just flip a switch right now?

I know nothing about all dat dere vidya games creatin’.

from an artistic standpoint having character models with over two times the polygon budget and texture resolution of everything else in the game makes them look out of place. if there were some kind of checkbox to switch everything to a “remastered” graphics option i would maybe be okay with it. but that’s a lot of work for a feature not everyone would even use.

1 Like

No.

I like the old models. That is how I conceive of my characters and that is how I want my characters to look to everyone in game.

If you prefer a game with the new models, you already have one.

5 Likes

I mean, for all of you that want to stick with the old models that’s totally fine. He’s asking for an optional toggle.

You would see the old stuff. He would see the new stuff. This system existed in WoD, why can’t it exist now? You lose nothing from him seeing the new models.

I say this as someone who would exclusively use the old models.

It’s a small thing. But I want my characters to look like I created them . . . not a revised artist conception of them. I used the old models when I set them up and that is how they are supposed to look. Vanilla didn’t have a toggle. Classic shouldn’t either. All this model toggle thing is is yet another change request.

5 Likes

If you want an ugly character model, you already have that option: either create an ugly character or play BfA. A ‘toggle’ would only be a client side change and it would look jarring anyway. What a bad idea.

3 Likes

I prefer the classic models only for the fact the ladies lost a cup size thanks to prudish sjw feminists who protested and I want to see the tig bittys put back just to spite them. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes