OPTIONAL graphic updates

Naturally, I have to caveat the following by saying I’m a #nochanges player, but why should anyone care if graphics can be toggled? Unless it provides an advantage over the original graphics that I’m not seeing, who really cares.

It’s not a mechanic. It’s aesthetics.

lol, I think some people are afraid they will not be able to resist the temptation to try it out.

Note: Xmog is a mechanic that can alter gameplay and behavior, so I would completely be against this.

4 Likes

PSA: Graphics =/ Transmog

Let’s not beat up the strawmen in this thread, they have done nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Wether or not it’s good or bad.

Remember this is Activision Blizzard we’re dealing with now, not “Blizzard Entertainment”.

They will do whatever is best for the stockholders, brings in the most amount if revenue regardless of what any of us think is acceptable changes to classic or #NoChanges.

1 Like

Ding Ding Ding Ding! What do we have for him Johnny!

1 Like

Not in the slightest if it is just a client side toggle. Again, already been addressed so simply read.

1 Like

Exactly if that gnome warrior with full grandmarshals charges at you, your still gonna hate it even if it’s using a new model or old model. And he’s still gonna kick you in the shins wether or not he’s using new or old model.

1 Like

Well alrighty then, pardon me!

How does looking slightly more fidelity change gameplay in radical way?

2 Likes

Psssttttt -whispers in your ear- It doesn’t.

2 Likes

It has been “addressed” by a situation you made up that nobody is asking for (where unlimited transmogs are available to players that didn’t acquire the gear). By how transmog actually functions, it can affect the game.

Is there a reason you need to be so abrasive?

2 Likes

It doesn’t if it is client side only. This is what they are asking for.

Then why are you so vemently against such a thing being implemented if you or anyone else never has to see it?

1 Like

This is false.

If any kind of transmog becomes a thing it will alter play for everyone because now certain items will become highly coveted. This in turn affects demand for these items and this ripples out into many other areas of the game as well.

Stop equating things that are not the same.

4 Likes

How did I make it up. It is a client side only toggle, just like any other graphic. You not liking being wrong doesn’t make me abrasive. It makes me matter of fact.

Even after pointing out multiple times that blizzard can just make it a client side toggle with no gear requirements you STILL can’t grasp this? LOL.

Strawman does not mean what you think it means.

1 Like

Tbh they were also earlier comparing it to a 3rd party mod that let you transmog anything.
Which 1 isn’t a official blizzard thing to begin with.
2 blizzard decided to do transmog themselves, so of course they’d prefer it be shut down.

You’re being completely disingenuous. Remember this post you made a short while ago?

This is how you made it up. This isn’t how transmog works and you know it. Nobody is asking for this.

Wrong. LOTS of people come here and ask for this. A graphics toggle does not exist in game now between old and new models. If you want blizzard to add it, what is the difference between that and removing the arbitrary need to possess gear for mog?

Rabbit hole, look it up, you are nonsensically repeating each other.

I’d people are going to ask for absurd changes, other people are going to ask for more absurd changes, then you have retail, not classic.

1 Like

In this case strawman means exactly what it means.

Everyone else is talking about client side graphical options. You butt in with “what if Blizz did client side transmog!!” which is not at all relevant to this thread.

Trying to equate graphics options to transmog just so you can shoot down those graphics options is the textbook definition of a strawman argument.

5 Likes

Nope, you are definitely clueless as to the definition of strawman, that is now abundantly clear LOL.