OPTIONAL graphic updates

By no means does that statement rule out having additional options. Anything else?

2 Likes

They are stripping all of the 7.3 data out of the client and importing 1.12 data into it, so no they just cant look through the files because they are not there.

3 Likes

Haha, u do u troll. Keep trying hard it won’t get u anywere.

1 Like

I agreeeeee

5 Likes

I am not trolling. I just have basic reading comprehension. I am not inserting my opinion into the statements that Blizzard has made.

2 Likes

Lol are u guys braindead? Do u even get what this project is about?

3 Likes

Here’s my current response to all of these change threads:

3 Likes

Classic is about gameplay not graphics you dead but

5 Likes

The truly sad part is, even retail had this option at one point.

Then they removed it. Aka, assuming they kept the code in their database somewhere, it should be easy to implement.

And for the record, I prefer the old NE models. There is something about the new models that just push me wrong. I was very annoyed when I had to give up my preference for the enforced new models.

4 Likes

A request for an option, is not a request for change. A change would be taking something away from you. Which no one has asked for.

3 Likes

It is a retail troll asking for nonsensical changes. Don’t take the bait folks.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I think I understand , those haters just dont want to move on with the time , play on their calculators from school and dont want other people to be happy

1 Like

The whole Classic game has been graphically updated already. It doesn’t run in the same display ratio’s. There was an option to change it back to the old one.

Also, some textures were new in the demo. Like the Harpies in the Barrens. Some original models needed changing for the game to even sell in other countries, so Classic will not be same as Vanilla.

There’s no reason to “Wall of No” each other for client side graphics changes or options. The game should be future proofed now rather than later. Because later, everything can be pay walled off or mutated into something horrible and unrecognizable.

4 Likes

Did that option exist in Vanilla? Nope. It’s a change. This project is about restoring authentic Vanlla, not ‘What if Vanilla had been made in 2019!!’ That defeats the purpose, and it’s not going to happen. And taking models from a different game and shoving them into Vanilla…why would that even occur to anyone? There is literally nothing and no reason to expect such a thing. It’s the exact opposite of what Blizz has said they’re doing. Ion talked about someone falling asleep in 2005 and waking up now and not being able to tell the difference in the game. Once you understand what that means, you know what Classic is actually about.

4 Likes

Then why have graphics at all?
Maybe they should go full 16bit ala minecraft then. Or maybe just turn it into an mud.
It is a video game and just like its description video is an important part of video games.

That being said modern character models and animations have no place in classic. Defeats the purpose behind calling it classic

4 Likes

Read that folks. A retailer trolling about classic “moving on with the time.”.

Everyone gettin’ it? :hugs:

3 Likes

Well at this point its been pointed out by other folks that the demo has already moved past that point. It already has graphical changes in it. Your point is moot. Additional options hurt no one, it is a client side setting and you can have it your way. It doesn’t need to be a priority by any means, but you will find that plenty of people like the idea.

3 Likes

Tbh, we’ve already seen blizzard showing even in the demo they are open to some graphical changes (water effects and improved shadow sliders in the DEMO).
The possibility to allow even client side differences is in there since the client they at using as other have said does have the updated character models.
Thinking of it something like Halo Anniversary for example you can swap between old and remastered versions. You don’t have to see the shiny new textures if you want to, it’s just a button on the player who does want it’s end. It doesn’t have to go as far as replacing every mob, bush, rock and boss.
With the old saying, if I’m gonna be looking at the back of a character in committed to playing for the next year+ it could at least be pleasing on the eyes.

5 Likes

Dude their already change loot system and added cross servers go cry somewhere else.

I want to see them cuz I like them better, and I really would like spells to be updated too.

1 Like