OPTIONAL graphic updates

Read that folks. A retailer trolling about classic “moving on with the time.”.

Everyone gettin’ it? :hugs:

3 Likes

Well at this point its been pointed out by other folks that the demo has already moved past that point. It already has graphical changes in it. Your point is moot. Additional options hurt no one, it is a client side setting and you can have it your way. It doesn’t need to be a priority by any means, but you will find that plenty of people like the idea.

3 Likes

Tbh, we’ve already seen blizzard showing even in the demo they are open to some graphical changes (water effects and improved shadow sliders in the DEMO).
The possibility to allow even client side differences is in there since the client they at using as other have said does have the updated character models.
Thinking of it something like Halo Anniversary for example you can swap between old and remastered versions. You don’t have to see the shiny new textures if you want to, it’s just a button on the player who does want it’s end. It doesn’t have to go as far as replacing every mob, bush, rock and boss.
With the old saying, if I’m gonna be looking at the back of a character in committed to playing for the next year+ it could at least be pleasing on the eyes.

5 Likes

Dude their already change loot system and added cross servers go cry somewhere else.

I want to see them cuz I like them better, and I really would like spells to be updated too.

1 Like

Your option idea has never worked correctly.
Which imo opinion blizzard has stopped development of the idea in bfa and removed it completely

1 Like

How is this not convincing ?

3 Likes

They already changed graphics , we just want more optional changes .

1 Like

I had no idea that the demo already had some improvements. That alone will make several people in this thread thrash about uncontrollably.

1 Like

So then blizzard should also add client side only transmog right? How far you want to travel down that rabbit hole?

5 Likes

Their reasoning behind loot trading was to reduce tickets. If you havent noticed lately with all the lay offs blizzard hates customer service.

Not once have they said they were incorporating anything cross server

1 Like

Exactly… See a perfect example of a retail-baby.

2 Likes

omg dont even say anything anymore

3 Likes

We expect them to be logical and sane about it during their consideration process. Just like the rest of us adults are capable of doing.

2 Likes

The demo did not have a model option. It had slightly different shadows (hardly noticeable), and more vegetation on the ground. And a new water effect option (which hopefully gets removed). Who knows how much of that will remain. The textures, animations, models, weapons, armor, landscape, structures were all authentic Vanilla.

5 Likes

I won’t if you won’t. :blush:

3 Likes

In the starting areas there will be less people so everybody can do quests

There is a part of me, even though I am 41 now, that still wants to make horrible college-esq jokes.

So, if they do not want to make any changes, I hope they still have 4x3 ratio monitors cause that is how the original WoW played, not on 16x9 ratio.

This is an example of graphical versus gameplay. If you truly want no graphics change, they would need to disable the higher ratios and display resolutions.

What we have now was not possible back then.

As you probably are thinking at me saying that is, “that is really stupid”. And it is.

Making something like using new models versus old an option is different versus making it mandatory. I prefer the old ones in many things.

NE caster form, I prefer the old. Bear form with all its drooling, I prefer the old. Cat form, I prefer the new, even if the white hair version looks like a pink cat wrapped in a condom. As I said, college humor.

Choice is different from mandatory. Gameplay should be mandatory. Graphics that do not change gameplay can be a choice.

4 Likes

Adults can think a situation through to it’s logical conclusion, something you are clearly not capable of doing.

1 Like

That isnt cross server it is sharding.
2 completely different things.

whatever you got my point