OPTIONAL graphic updates

Giving both options of classic graphics and modern graphics seems more reasonable . Will serve everyone experience . .

1 Like

No :wave:t6:

1 Like

And what’s wrong with giving a choice ? You can simply choose what you like .not everyone likes potato graphics .unless you were a potato in real life

3 Likes

Classic, bfa? isn’t there enough choice?

The issue with the choice is they all know they would use the new graphics(cause who wouldn’t herp derp) and they have to keep up the vanilla fan boy act

If u want updated models, u will want updated graphic in the game too.
U aren’t the target audience if u want these changes, so they aren’t going to happen.

1 Like

And I don’t see what’s the outrage about just playing the classic version of the game with the classic graphics. The only reason this is a huge issue is because people keep forcing the issue. If you want to play the classic game, play it! If the classic graphics aren’t your style, don’t play it. Asking for them to add more work to their already full plate for something that wasn’t there to begin with makes no sense.

3 Likes

I am for a toggle option, but I absolutely think it can be a back-burner sub-project. At some point down the line they won’t have anything to work on, since Classic servers have an endpoint content wise.

1 Like

maybe they can have a special but separate pvp and pve server where updated models are used. instead of asking for a toggle that would cause problems, for more than one reason. could call it enhanced classic, perhaps.

1 Like

actually, i already have a favorite vanilla model for each vanilla race.

To you? Yeah, but to me? No. This is subjective, and therefor obvious to you but false to me.

Classic is obviously not vanilla, because we can’t travel back in time. However, as you say, it’s an approximation, which makes your obvious comment redundant.

Oh my bad, Aristotle…I didn’t know calling people austistic for having an opinion was sophisticated rhetoric. My apologies.

Yeah, like I should learn from you? I regret ever taking you seriously.

Take care.

I find the faces of Night Elf and Troll models are less noticable at a distance. Perhaps because the Night Elf faces are smooth and Troll faces small. The added polgyons and improved texture resolutions are more obvious on the other races.

Going to heavily disagree. For WoW, the gameplay and community aspects are in a completely different universe from the graphical presentation of the game.

This ridiculous assumptions that people that like graphical progress are somehow the reason the game ended up like it currently is or that they play modern WoW because they like the look are exactly that: ridiculous. I like the updated zones and character models but feel the older version of the game is vastly better.

3 Likes

Do u hear me say any of this? wtf?

1 Like

Not you specifically, and I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth, but these sentiments have been stated here. I do however believe I am the target audience for the game because I love the gameplay.

2 Likes

Maybe we should just wait and see until blizz actually releases an update regarding graphics/models and not overreact regardless of what the decision is.

A lot to ask I know.

up right orcs

I don’t want to see any new models/graphics. If it’s possible for new graphics/models to only be visible to the indented user, fine.

Please don’t break my classic immersion. You have retail.

Bumped a two month old thread to disagree with it? New meta.

I’ll just use an add-on that will update the models. I’m sure it won’t be allowed and Blizz will try and break it, but I’ll use it anyway, since the old models are hot garbage with the worst animations.