OPTIONAL graphic updates

I think it’s also fair to say that there are those who don’t care if a toggle option is available, which if available, does not come at the cost of any advantage over older graphics, impact other players experience or gameplay, or cause technical hurdles/problems to the overall health of the game.

1 Like

is this current? the new one is pretty but the old one is unique

The new one looks more human…

1 Like

Thank you for putting this out there.

Why would anyone care which one I prefer to see on my monitor?

All I’m saying.

3 Likes

well it is a shared environment.

Is it still not clear? No one cares for what u want!

1 Like

And you will never know what your character looks like to everyone around you unless you’re constantly asking other players to describe your appearance.

1 Like

but i will know that some of the players would be seeing my character as a new model and some new models are totally different as that night elf comparison in post above shows.

First day on the forums after quite some time and I’m already tired of you spamming that over and over, despite those words making not much sense given the actions of what they’ve done and the product they’ve shown on the demo. I pity that you appear incapable of having intelligent discussion and you’re forced to reduce yourself to spam a text that’s vague at best.

I’m pretty sure your concept of “real vanilla” will mean something quite different than Ythisens’.

That’s a pretty serious stretch as far as reasons go to not have this option.

Edit: Other players may be playing the game on the minimum graphics specs, and everything might look crappy and choppy. Are you worried about that?

3 Likes

Well yeah, having two sets of eyebrows is pretty unique I guess.

1 Like

well i encountered this back in the everquest mmorpg. after the third expac, they decided to update the models and ended up with totally different models. the community split down the middle and the devs decided to give the toggle solution. problem was, the two model types were entirely different, in some cases, so much so, it was shocking, as if it were an entirely different game with new races. and though many of the new wow models look similar to their predecessors, there are many cases where the differences are big enough to be a problem.

And how would that impact you exactly?

If you knew I was using updated graphics, could we still be friends? Could we still run dungeons together?

I sure would hope so.

2 Likes

I really like the new models, so I understand why some may want this…but as others have said, we already have retail. Let Classic be Classic.

1 Like

yes we would but if i didnt like how the new model appearance looked, i’d feel forced into modifying my original choice so people who were using new models could see a character i actually approved of. whereas in a shared common environment, i can just select once and not worry someone can toggle my character to look in some way i prefer not to look. i mean why give me the option if someone else can be given the option to change my choice.

Would it be better for you if you could select your appearance for both versions if this were to hypothetically be an option?

Why do you care what other people see so much? Just make the character YOU want to see.

Fair enough. But just remember that I’m not trying to change the way YOU, Hyperspace, looks.

Dude, you could look like Roseanne Barr and I wouldn’t care. Just like Vanilla, it’s about what’s under the hood that counts to me.

yeah it would be but i’m not convinced this is the best course of action since the classic part of classic is not just the mechanics but also the look and feel (sound fx, spell fx, etc) of classic.

thats a single player game.