OPTIONAL graphic updates

You don’t need a sub to log into the game. You can go to the character select screen and compare to that video, as I did just now.

You have that option. Play BfA for BfA models. Play Classic for Classic models. Options are great, I agree.

But again, why anyone would expect models from a different game be put into Classic…is beyond me. If Blizz was to add back an old model toggle to BfA (or the expansion after), great. Because those old models once existed in that game. But these new ones NEVER existed in Vanilla. That’s the key difference. You can look back from a point in time in a game to an earlier period. But you can’t take things from the future that never existed during that earlier time.

That applies to any game feature. It’s not a matter of assigning a value of being ‘more’ or ‘less’ authentic Vanilla. It’s a black and white. You have to have these guidelines if you want a successful project. Consistency of authenticity is paramount. Now you’re applying a subjective frame of reference, and where will that lead? Everyone has a separate definition of what constitutes authenticity when it’s a sliding scale. It needs to be regarded as an absolute. Personal opinion is irrelevant; it’s the principle that matters.

2 Likes

Reality is there are 2 main set of opinions on this. MANY want old graphics in vanilla. MANY want new graphics in vanilla. Make (most) everyone happy. Add a slider.

2 Likes

The fact you can’t see the hypocrisy in your own logic is astounding. If you weren’t a hypocrite, you’d be advocating that they remove all Vanilla graphics from BfA, because they’re different games.

Mr white knight still at it?

1 Like

Doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Are you aware that they’re rebuilding Classic on the BFA engine? I don’t see what’s the outrage about people asking for there to be a graphics option to opt for the newer graphics rather than the old ones, since it’s already not a 100% pure vanilla experience, otherwise it’d be on a 4:3 aspect ratio and running on what, Direct x9? Such an option would only affect things for one side of the screen, meaning it doesn’t affect them at all.

If you’d be a real purist you would refuse to play Classic because it’s not vanilla for a myriad reasons, so the “Go play BFA if you don’t want Classic exactly as I say it should be” doesn’t hold up.

3 Likes

I think it’s also fair to say that there are those who don’t care if a toggle option is available, which if available, does not come at the cost of any advantage over older graphics, impact other players experience or gameplay, or cause technical hurdles/problems to the overall health of the game.

1 Like

is this current? the new one is pretty but the old one is unique

The new one looks more human…

1 Like

Thank you for putting this out there.

Why would anyone care which one I prefer to see on my monitor?

All I’m saying.

3 Likes

well it is a shared environment.

Is it still not clear? No one cares for what u want!

1 Like

And you will never know what your character looks like to everyone around you unless you’re constantly asking other players to describe your appearance.

1 Like

but i will know that some of the players would be seeing my character as a new model and some new models are totally different as that night elf comparison in post above shows.

First day on the forums after quite some time and I’m already tired of you spamming that over and over, despite those words making not much sense given the actions of what they’ve done and the product they’ve shown on the demo. I pity that you appear incapable of having intelligent discussion and you’re forced to reduce yourself to spam a text that’s vague at best.

I’m pretty sure your concept of “real vanilla” will mean something quite different than Ythisens’.

That’s a pretty serious stretch as far as reasons go to not have this option.

Edit: Other players may be playing the game on the minimum graphics specs, and everything might look crappy and choppy. Are you worried about that?

3 Likes

Well yeah, having two sets of eyebrows is pretty unique I guess.

1 Like

well i encountered this back in the everquest mmorpg. after the third expac, they decided to update the models and ended up with totally different models. the community split down the middle and the devs decided to give the toggle solution. problem was, the two model types were entirely different, in some cases, so much so, it was shocking, as if it were an entirely different game with new races. and though many of the new wow models look similar to their predecessors, there are many cases where the differences are big enough to be a problem.

And how would that impact you exactly?

If you knew I was using updated graphics, could we still be friends? Could we still run dungeons together?

I sure would hope so.

2 Likes