OPTIONAL graphic updates

you are a troll , Im serious about this

3 Likes

What this should say,

“There should be an option for players to Opt out of classic graphics.”

1 Like

I was actually hopeing they were going to use Classic as a chance to completely update the old world to BFA standards with a toggle to make it look like 2004 version. While also updating the live client all at once.

Like halo 1 and 2 remake as an example.

3 Likes

From the 2nd last blizzard post:

And all the obvious Classic to be as authentic as possbile Quoted which can be found as far back as Blizzcon 2017.

6 Likes

No, because Blizzard said so. And people unable or unwilling to accept the reality of Classic need to step back and realize what this project is about.

3 Likes

By no means does that statement rule out having additional options. Anything else?

2 Likes

They are stripping all of the 7.3 data out of the client and importing 1.12 data into it, so no they just cant look through the files because they are not there.

3 Likes

Haha, u do u troll. Keep trying hard it won’t get u anywere.

1 Like

I agreeeeee

5 Likes

I am not trolling. I just have basic reading comprehension. I am not inserting my opinion into the statements that Blizzard has made.

2 Likes

Lol are u guys braindead? Do u even get what this project is about?

3 Likes

Here’s my current response to all of these change threads:

3 Likes

Classic is about gameplay not graphics you dead but

5 Likes

The truly sad part is, even retail had this option at one point.

Then they removed it. Aka, assuming they kept the code in their database somewhere, it should be easy to implement.

And for the record, I prefer the old NE models. There is something about the new models that just push me wrong. I was very annoyed when I had to give up my preference for the enforced new models.

4 Likes

A request for an option, is not a request for change. A change would be taking something away from you. Which no one has asked for.

3 Likes

It is a retail troll asking for nonsensical changes. Don’t take the bait folks.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I think I understand , those haters just dont want to move on with the time , play on their calculators from school and dont want other people to be happy

1 Like

The whole Classic game has been graphically updated already. It doesn’t run in the same display ratio’s. There was an option to change it back to the old one.

Also, some textures were new in the demo. Like the Harpies in the Barrens. Some original models needed changing for the game to even sell in other countries, so Classic will not be same as Vanilla.

There’s no reason to “Wall of No” each other for client side graphics changes or options. The game should be future proofed now rather than later. Because later, everything can be pay walled off or mutated into something horrible and unrecognizable.

4 Likes

Did that option exist in Vanilla? Nope. It’s a change. This project is about restoring authentic Vanlla, not ‘What if Vanilla had been made in 2019!!’ That defeats the purpose, and it’s not going to happen. And taking models from a different game and shoving them into Vanilla…why would that even occur to anyone? There is literally nothing and no reason to expect such a thing. It’s the exact opposite of what Blizz has said they’re doing. Ion talked about someone falling asleep in 2005 and waking up now and not being able to tell the difference in the game. Once you understand what that means, you know what Classic is actually about.

4 Likes