Option to hide or disable battle pets in armory

DEVS, please allow us to hide or disable battle pets, so people won’t be able to stalk you?

It’s very annoying that i am not able to cage pets and leave my battle slots empty.

Thank you.

edit.

Not anyone’s business to stalk me or see what i post. It’s my personal privacy that i am able to do already with an options like hide achievements and hide user armory. Except battle pet slots.

But still people can check armory and see or link accounts because of battle slots.

Battle pet slots are also an indicators for non blizzard sites like pvp.fr or wowprogress to expose your alts and link to your main.

I want an option in-game to make battle pet slots empty and be able to have different battle pets on different characters.

6 Likes

Just use a classic character. They have no armory to begin with, achievements or pets. People can’t stalk you that way.

2 Likes

maybe if people didn’t spam troll threads from multiple alts, they wouldn’t get called out.

…just a little food for thought.

49 Likes

9 Likes

Has someone been astroturfing their own threads?

4 Likes

Lol, tried to check out their post history to figure out what was happening. No surprise, its hidden, and they are talking about someone stalking them. So then I think “how can someone stalk them this way? Oh, they have definitely been called out for using alts to boost their threads/posts.”

1 Like

you can’t truly “hide” a profile.
you can still access it via the armory.

hopefully this upcoming forum maintenance will bring about some positive changes to help put the brakes on some of the incessant trolling.

it would be nice to see an account-wide ignore return.
…or even make changes to bring this forum in-line with other forums, so people are posting with their battlenet ID.
it would also be amazing if they removed the ability to :blue_heart: your own posts and spam flags with an army of alts.

4 Likes

Or. Here’s a thought.

People can stop posting obvious bait on their alts. Pretend to quit, then go hop on other alts.

7 Likes

I agree with the OP.

Blizzard lets people stalk us, as an indirect way of keeping our behavior in check.

3 Likes

i’m curious how you think that works.

feel free to explain.

…because the current forum set-up is designed to cater to trolls.

5 Likes

What do you mean? A lot of readers are also checking armory profiles on the forum.

If you log into a different character to post something, because you don’t want your haters and stalkers knowing it’s you… like, you just want them to hear your message and leave identity aside… forget about it.

They match up your mounts, pet collections, honor level, et cetera. They know it’s you and continue harassing you. Blizzard knows this and allows it for a reason. It’s an indirect way for the people to keep each other in check.

1 Like

Mods are here for trolls, who are banned on sight. So your comment is irrelevant.

Seriously so many troll posters are still around

10 Likes

i see.
and what would someone need to do in order to gain “haters”?

the only people i see getting harassed, are the ones who try to stir the pot for no good reason.

if trolls were banned on sight, this forum would be a much nicer place to be.

you can disagree, but my comment is very relevant.

5 Likes

Google his name and find out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If they disable battle pets, no one could be jealous of my amazing pet collection.

So, No.

:wink:

6 Likes

Yeah this. How about instead of hiding pets the OP just stops postings things on alts clearly intended to cause a scene?

People who wanna hide behind the internet are usually garbage anyways.

11 Likes

I kinda wish Blizz would just have us select one toon to be the one you post on. Like one per account.

Yeah I know there’s flaws with that idea. It’s just something I wish from time to time.

1 Like

I’d switch alts less if they gave us enough flags to report bad behavior in the dumpster fire threads they keep allowing to continue unchecked.

1 Like

Eh I get that frustration but I also get why we have such a low amount.

Bad eggs would ruin it for everyone