Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

Neither have boobs.

2 Likes

He’s jacked but doesn’t have boobs.

but one is a boob

(and for what my take is worth, alleria looks super cool. Love that look)

4 Likes

I mean… I’d still say the exact same thing. That artwork you put forth of Jaina looks nothing like Jaina. I wouldn’t know it was Jaina except for the touch of blonde hair. Make that white, and I’d assume it was a random mage. That’d be my feedback. Similarly… I didn’t even know who was on the artwork with Anduin (truth be told if I hadn’t seen the cinematic I wouldn’t have known that was Anduin either) until I read about it and was told who it was.

The fact of the matter is we do not know what the model will be like, so all we can do is speculate and offer our opinions. I’ve offered mine. I liked the old Alleria better. I thought she looked cooler, and I enjoyed the green ranger vibe. That artwork is not Alleria to me. Pretty much at all.

Returning to Jaina, I can see Jaina inside her BfA model. Even though it was a full model overhaul, as soon as I saw it I immediately knew who she was: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7as101/evolution_of_jainas_model_along_the_years/

While she changes slightly with each tweak, I can definitely see that it’s Jaina. That artwork of Alleria on the other hand… is completely and utterly different. Honestly I’d say that looks WAY more like Vereesa Windrunner than Alleria. If you told me that was Vereesa, I’d be much more on board. But Alleria? No… not at all.

Either way, we’ll see what we get and go from there.

4 Likes

That’s a great interpretation, and a good view at how the hair could actually look.

1 Like

Its beautiful. This artist retains her usual figure too.

Hmm she doesn’t look curvy enough. More like modern day art of how woman are drawn now in days in the West.

3 Likes

Was this an issue when khadgar’s look changed?

4 Likes

For Jaina, she retained her basic build and figure though. Same for the others brought up; Anduin, Khadgar, and
Alexstraza. All retained their basic established form without drastic changes.
In this one they’re making like Alleria isn’t even as curvy as a typical High/Blood/Void elf, which isn’t what’s already established for her. She hasn’t been depicted with a more straight figure. The Windrunners are usually depicted curvy.
That’s my main critique about this new Alleria key art. I don’t mind the clothes and hair updates on this art. It’s the drastic and absolute “form” of Alleria being altered to something that doesn’t really resemble her typical figure at all whether it is her in game model or art of her. Regardless of what we see of her in the game, it is interesting to question and wonder why the artist of the new art depicted her this way.
Alleria is one of my main favorite characters in WoW, and I hope they do right by her. I’m happy she is being more centered now.

People complained forever claiming that Alexstrasza’s boob size was reduced all the way up to DF release.

There is no part of Helves/Belves/Velves that are curvy. Our models are stick figures. I even created this Warrior because I thought it was really funny seeing her use two-handers.

2 Likes

They are slender, not straight. The female body type for these elves has a lot of curve.

No they really do not. I stare at this model all the time. They do not have curves at all.

2 Likes

Who cares about the dumb elves

Lol no it isn’t. Not even close.

1 Like

Just so long as her eyes are on the same side and her nose is on her forehead, I’m good with Picasso painting people.

1 Like

Yes, it is. High Elves stem from Norse lore. https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/elves/

https://yourfriendinreykjavik.com/norse-mythology-inspired-tolkien/

Well, Germanic. But close enough :slight_smile:

wait, you said high elfs… yeah, norse

1 Like

Speaking of not recognizing core characters… if you just saw the guy in the corner, would you think it was Anduin??

They really do. This is Bellana, my Priestess, with Alleria in all their curvy glory. Are they thicc? Nah. But they do have curves. They’re not straight by any means.

ttps://imgur.com/a/4vg5UA4 (just add the h back before the t’s. It won’t let me post links. It goes to imgur screens of my Void Elf with Alleria.)

Alleria is just tall because she’s an NPC. And has a breast plate that gives an illusion. They are otherwise built like teenagers. They are not curvy.