Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

Yes, make her look younger than what she currently looks like.

You do realise that even elves can look even younger than they already do with properly applied makeup, right?

1 Like

Usually it won’t be the same.

E.g.

What would be more effective is to suggest specific features you’d prefer seeing rather than spending time arguing why this or that is the same.

E.g.

Chances are this will be the exact same model with different hair, skin variation, and outfit. I’m not sure how good she’ll look with the new hair/outfit with this model though. This is something that people will probably find out in alpha/beta.

6 Likes

And it helps that the Helf model already looks like a teenager anyway. If it were a Nelf or something, that’d be a problem. But it’s just the typical body type for that race. No matter what other art depicted it as being.

3 Likes

What do I think after seeing that?

That the entire gaming industry needs diversity training on haircuts.

2 Likes

I can definitely agree that it’s a more youthful style, the hair in particular, but I feel teenage is big a stretch. For lack of a better way to put it, I think she’s simply too tall, or seemingly full grown, for me to interpret it with that angle. Teenage honestly never crossed my mind until reading your suggestion.

Maybe it’s just the fact that I work with actual teenagers most days, and sparingly few of them look anywhere close to that.

Mmm, no. She really looks reasonably about the same as she ever has in terms of age interpretation.

That’s what this thread is about? If anything it makes sense that a female career soldier probably isn’t going to be a pillar of stereotypical femininity dear lord.

1 Like

Looking at that model, I’m honestly wondering if that braid hasn’t always been the same and we just couldn’t tell, because it’s under the hood.

To me, it’s the sweet, innocent, round little face that does it. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/906234294333218826/1213173944593424415/IMG_0519.png?ex=65f48348&is=65e20e48&hm=ec68cd18b8fc9071d215d0de710193b63700d392de845cee850cd672bc58dee7&

(Sorry for the stupid link, but Discord images no longer work if you end it at png.)

I think she looks great apart from that haircut. Never been a fan of that look.

I wouldn’t of known it was Alleria and not a random Elf unless otherwise noted. I’m surprised her clothes aren’t even green anymore.

There is a benefit to criticising this artwork, however. This art isn’t being presented as a pinup or a poster or fanart or whatever, it’s being presented as a preview of what she will look lile in the upcoming expansion. As such, we should be critical of it and how it accurately compares to what Alleria is already established to look like. You know, on the off chance their 3d artists decides to model the new Alleria on this image that Blizzard has chosen to present to us as a first look at TWW Alleria. Make sure they they knkw what we think of it before its too late. Not that it matters since it probably is too late and they probably have already made her 3d model, but still.

And that is something I’d have absolutely no issue with. Whether or not it’d actually look good is a different matter, but at least it would visually be Alleria.

2 Likes

Alright. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on. You have a nice evening as well.

2 Likes

Well she’s gone through a few changes lately. Not quite the child of the forest she used to be.

I’ve done absolutely none of what you posted as the definition of trolling.
Zero reading comprehension it is, then.

3 Likes

We last saw her walking off with an Ethereal to learn more about the Void, and her powers and connection to it. I don’t know why this keeps catching people by surprise, lol.

4 Likes

Alleria, the first Void Elf… but Shocked Pikachu Face she looks different now?! :scream:

2 Likes

At this rate, I’d half expect people to be mad Thrall didn’t come back garbed in blue after going to train with the Firelord, or something.

What about your “cousin”?

1 Like

Olord, could you imagine the outcry over “OMG ALLIANCE BLUE?!” :rofl:

He’d lowkey look awful in a full blue outfit too. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

… I had to do it. LOL

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/906234294333218826/1214426677954740284/bluethrall.png?ex=65f911fa&is=65e69cfa&hm=9b386442394b069bbf3708b2413daa9a0ba3e473a38de68b544242366245da76&

1 Like