Opinion: What is Considered Bad Behavior in Today's Society?

racism is everywhere, certainly not isolated to the southern US.

4 Likes

For me, I consider rude behavior too much.

My main is a protection paladin, and rarely I will get people who are rude to me–usually because they don’t like the route that I choose in a mythic plus.

When rude behavior happens, such as “wow tank you suck!” I simply say, “you are free to leave.”

That shuts them up 100% of the time and sometimes they apologize and change their behavior.

I haven’t yet had to leave the dungeon.

When the offender is egregious, they, themselves, tend to leave.

This one warlock was berrating me when I was on Sevaryn because he was well-geared and demanded my PI. Because of the rude and entitled way which he told me to give it to him, I refused to do so.

Then, after he went on a tirade, I said “girl, calm down.” That really upset him and he left.

We were able to complete the dungeon regardless.

Easy peasy, lemon squeazy.

As you said; it feels bad to engage them, so I do not. I make it very simple for them. If they wish to continue to behave rudely, they may leave–or I will. I have not had to leave yet, though that is because I mainly tank and they know that they’d be screwed if I left the dungeon.

Nor is it aimed at any one group nor is it only practiced only by one group.

In general people are horrible to each other.

3 Likes

We are probably all going to have different experiences based on a lot of different factors. I grew up in Louisiana and lived in NYC and I would take NYC 100000 times out of 100. Yes, that much nonexistent math. That said, I can’t speak for the entirety of Louisiana, or the entirety of NYC. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sir, the ? goes within the quotation marks. You broke a rule. Rumor has it that it was meant to be broken

1 Like

I did not say it wasn’t.

In fact, if that is the only thing you are saying, that it IS part of the culture, then you are correct, fully.

I am saying its not a part of the culture that concerns me. Many, many other parts concern me more, and with greater urgency. To the point that the ruling today doesn’t make me feel any different then yesterday.

no, but the majority who has so long oppressed minorities has tried in recent years to cry racism when minorities ask for equal treatment.

it’s disingenuous at best.

pretty much. we collectively don’t play well with others.

3 Likes

Isn’t that exactly what was said above that we SHOULDN"T do? Lump all people together instead of treating everyone as individuals?

I haven’t done that nor has anyone I know but I get to pay the price for what someone else did before my family came here?

2 Likes

Mhmm mhmmm. Yep.

Perhaps culturally different, but we’re talking about several millions of people migrating if not more to the states.

I wouldn’t use relativism as a basis of “Good” and “Bad.” They can only have one meaning generally. If we are talking shades of gray, usually forgiveness is the answer. I.e “I stole food to feed my child.” Yeah people probably would forgive that. “I stole a car because I wanted to have fun.” - That would probably incite the hatred you see on the forums for such people, or bring out those who would argue in defense of fun.

The purpose of this is to be capable of accepting criticism without losing your mind, or being biased against it, usually being open minded to identify the origin of the criticism is better than simply going straight into defense. But if the criticism isn’t constructive, then there is really no point in listening, and you still shouldn’t let it bother you.

That is exactly what is expected of you. Original sin is alive and well.

2 Likes

Not about paying a price. It’s about restoring (or inventing since it never existed) an equilibrium.

It was a-ok when companies were hiring people based on where they lived/went to school/religion/whatever, but if you mention anything about wanting to diversify and people seem to forget that they spent hundreds of years being the beneficiaries of unfair hiring practices.

1 Like

Another way to gauge bad behaviour is to see if teenagers are doing it.

IDK, I have seen “adults” behave far worse than teenagers.

Unless you meant don’t do what the adults do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have heard that as part of the argument as to why “woke” is a non theistic religion.

I don’t have an opinion either way on that, just saying I have heard that argument. I like to try to understand everyone’s viewpoints so I research things because I have time :slight_smile:

No, I was speaking very generally, I wasn’t directing that at you

1 Like

While I understand what you are saying, there is no reality in which I believe it acceptable for someone to blurt out “you are a (cat), I (pierced with a sharp object) your mom last night and you should be happy I did it”. “Why don’t you Just die”.

Your thoughts?

I mean, that’s just the internet man, that’s not even anything specific to the gaming world

Anonymous strangers gonna behave like anonymous strangers :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So let me ask you a question. My father grew up a sustenance farmer on the side of a mountain in PA near the NJ border. Never had store bought food until he married my mom. My grandfather was in WW2 after which he drove a school bus to make the little money he needed. There was no generational wealth to hand down.

I got into a trade and never got an education till much later than most of the people on here. Can you explain how my family or I were beneficiaries of unfair hiring practices?

I have ben told how it was so much easier for me than my step kids or their friends who got full rides to go to college while I ended up doing drywall with my dad at 8 years old…

2 Likes

What do your beliefs matter?
I can believe lots of things that may matter to me, but not to you. Seriously though, I don’t care. But what does my caring matter either?

There is no spoon…