Opinion: What is Considered Bad Behavior in Today's Society?

I am truly happy for you that was your experience growing up. However, I was born in 1973 and this was not the case for me growing up. Racism, especially, (I was born in the South) was very much alive and well.

1 Like

I wiped my arm pits on a an innocent passerby.
As part of my community service I would like to say,
wiping your armpits on innocent passerbys is bad behavior,
MMMKAY.

1 Like

It’s what they’re best at. Like the morons who think an advanced university study is being taught to 5 year olds cause fox news told them so. That they go storm and harass schools.

5 Likes

It’s the same intersectional post modern critical theory ideology that’s part of all the identity X Studies in humanities departments. It’s just the extreme tip of the spear.

4 Likes

Someone learned some new words on twitter.

4 Likes

Now if only all the useful idiots that unwittingly push the ideology for genuinely good reasons would learn it as well.

3 Likes

Just run some group content at the end game in WoW and what you experience will show you what is ‘bad’.

1 Like

I think what is considered Bad Behavior varies based on the people around you and it just means you have to be socialized enough to understand the people around you.

As an older man, I work with people from their late teens to their 60s. Male / female. LGBTQ+/ straight, liberal / conservative, you name it. I know with certain people I cant make any kind of joke - one time I had a person get extremely angry and avoided me for days because I slipped and used a curse word in a joke.

Others things its harder because people really dont know who you are and just want to lump you in with whatever preconceived notions they have - whether its about your race, sexuality, weight, socioeconomic class, history…

I can say I have very thick skin for good reason. Not much older than some of the posters here, but for me it was if its not physical it didnt matter, and even it was, unless there are broken bones, deal with it or shut up. Took me till almost high school till I learned its not cool to lay your hands on other people like had been done to me. I thought it was normal playing.

We also played games to get under others skin. Like the much later yo mamma joke. Or the racial jokes (all racial jokes like WASP, Pole, Irish, etc and not just PoC). It seemed someone was always egging you on trying to start an actual fist fight.

When you grow up in an environment like that, its sometimes hard to understand someone being really upset because someone said a bad word once.

I am not saying it SHOULD have been like that, just saying it WAS for ME.

I try to treat everyone with respect, but it seems no matter what I say anymore, there is always something that just wasnt worded perfectly and someone is upset despite me trying hard NOT to offend

3 Likes

Sometimes you just have to accept that there may be some people out there looking to get offended and just disregard them. What you can’t do though is then use that as an excuse to not try to be civil just because that one guy over there will get offended, regardless. Do your best, KNOW you do your best, and if someone is just looking for drama… let them have that party solo.

2 Likes

You wrote what I could not articulate.

Isn’t it refreshing to be around the rare unicorns that you can say almost anything to and no one gets hurt feelings.

1 Like

you really do need thicker skin, they have /ignore you know… why do we need to nerf everything? as it is u get suspended for the dumbest of things.

Most people manage to never be suspended. Seems like a you problem.

3 Likes

LOL I got a 3 day forum silence because during football season I thought I would be having fun with other fans by making a post about the game that day

Raiders are the worst
Go Chiefs!

Fans literally go out of their way to do so much more to each other, I thought that was tame…

It still is.

2 Likes

Oh I know… within the last few years I finally developed enough spine to fully cut off family members rather than just letting it slide because “they are family”.

1 Like

The SCOUTS ruling concerns one of the most important cultural issues of the day. Are we a country where all the people are free and have equal rights or are we a country where rich men rule and women are considered play things until they are relegated to being nannies, cooks, cleaning women and baby factories.

How is that NOT part of our culture?

2 Likes

Oh the forums are another ballgame entirely. I don’t know if I have enough fingers to count the number of forum timeouts I have had. In game is another story though. I have never so much as had a warning in 17 years.

1 Like

not anymore.

yep.

today is probably the single worst day in 20 years as far as women’s rights go.

2 Likes

You know, having lived in the both the South and NE and having family in NYC, NYC is much worse. Not sure I could give stories here without a ban but have seen both sides of it. People just hate on the South - I just hate its heat and glad I dont live in it anymore

There were about 50 people out protesting when I went to the grocery store tonight… may not seem like much… but given where I live probably has < 1000 people. It was not entirely insignificant.

1 Like