Opinion: This expac is like 100 times better than BFA

Fair enough.

Legion was almost in the league of WOTLK for me. Had it’s problems but was up there

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed the leveling experience. Haven’t done much at 60 yet.

Rest assured. All of our SL funs will be nerfed, soon!

1 Like

100% feel the same.

Hello,
We detected fun as an inappropriate word on these forums and have decided to release a emergency fix:

• All story quests have now been replaced by mandatory Anima grinds.

We sincerely hope you have the best experience

1 Like

Already happening:

1 Like

SL feels like the second major patch of cata, which was very solid, not perfect, but enjoyable.

I mean it’s a low bar to compare it to against BFA. A good portion of people consider BFA among the worst (if not the worst) expac thus far.

Personally to me BFA wasn’t as bad as WoD and I liked it better then Cata but it was not a good expansion. Azerite gear and corruptions weren’t that great and every single BFA patch you were chasing a new form of borrowed power:

• BFA release: Heart of Azeroth + Azerite gear
  • First major patch: let’s add essences
  • Last major patch: let’s add corruption and visions

Sure Shadowlands has alot of currencies to manage but atleast there is only one major power mechanic we are chasing in terms of legendaries.

welp it didn’t take too long

If I was game director and was forced to release BFA I would have done this:

BFA release: Heart of Azeroth + Essences + azerite not required for gear
First major patch: Catchup for essences + let’s add corruption and visions for 8.2
Last major patch: Catch up for everything

Nothing can be worse than WoD.
WoD was so bad it should have been FTP.

In fact it shared several characteristics of FTP games.

I actually like this as it feels a bit more like an RPG and a little bit less like one where my map gives me quests.

1 Like

BFA was basically WoD with “We shouldn’t cut content like we did in WoD or we’re toast so let’s just go ahead and force content on people whether they like it or not”.

Maybe you’re right. But it ended up in a way where people fondly remember WoD when they look at…BFA !

:rofl:

Legion was worse than WoD. That’s when the real sub-lengthening grinds started.

1 Like

To be fair they had grinds + tons of proper content.

In BFA, the grinds got bigger and content which was unique dwindled. The flimsy balance in Legion was lost.

1 Like

People look favorably upon WoD because there was literally no content to judge lol.

Garrisons made gathering/professions irrelevant.

Garrison Mission tables made playing the game outside logging into your phone irrelevant.

World quests were literally the same way every day and took maybe 15 min to complete.

Huge content gaps.

I’ll say that I’m enjoying this expansion much more than I did BfA.

The zones are more or less on par with BfA so far. I wouldn’t say they’re necessarily better or worse. They do however have less ridiculous numbers of aggressive mobs everywhere. I haaaaated BfA zones for not being able to get out of combat because I couldn’t stop catching aggro.

Class design feels way, waaaaay better to me.

I tend to leave the music on, and the soundtrack for Shadowlands feels significantly better than BfA. I found myself throwing my headphones off in Boralus each time I hearthed in without remembering to turn music off.

That’s not why they did it.

Lowering the amount of gear dropping was actually something that some players asked for.

1 Like

Yea. Because people hated rng of titan forging.

People would prefer fewer, but more meaningful, drops.

1 Like

Callings are set up better than emissaries, in that you get a quest, rather than assume everyone will read a map. but its harder to tell which is oldest and going to leave soon.

WoD was outright bad, absolutely no question. But even from the onset of BFA, literally starting as early as pre-patch, I absolutely knew BFA was going to be worse than it.

WoD tried new things and failed. Garrisons, Ashran…

Still bad, but much less bad than ripping most system from the expansion before and actively making them worse. What could be possibly more lazy than Azerite Armor and that stupid necklace? Then slapping on lazy, uninspired system after system ontop of it… from Essences to the abomination that was Corruption.

Yeah no, I have no love for WoD… but I can even think of a few things I fondly remember beyond just art, music and raids (these are usually all good in every expac even BFA)… Glad Stance as an example. First time I ever mained a Warrior and loved it. Also the PvP system was quite good. Legion/BFA’s system was a pure step backwards.

BFA, maybe in time I’ll be able to come up with a single thing I miss… but right now? My only regret was BFA didn’t end a year before it did.