Opinion - Professions Are Now Too Overcomplicated For Most Players To Want To Deal With

I played this slot machine for a long time since I played from Vanilla. And what have I learned from all these years? The more effort you do, the more CHANCE you would have it. And I came to accept that I wont have the best stuffs (BiS) of this game. So doing 24/7 to get the CHANCE is not my thing anymore. If there are 10 BiS items, I am just happy if I could get 3 of them. That’s how I play this Slot machine. RNG is RNG. And I still believe with WoW’s Effort = Reward. And I hate No Effort = Reward.

Uh no, what people did was give up.

I understand that it’s bs. In some of them you hit a wall where you can’t level them unless rng is in your favor. Others have been so woefully bugged that they’ve had to be disabled for a time.

People didn’t want over-complication that just lead to more issues. People just wanted useful things to make.

5 Likes

yeah maybe complicated but we still got entitled karens demanding 100 g for stuff to be crafted even tho they dont understand the system

I like the way they are in a sense but they might have overdone it. With the sub classes

Which is what I just said.

If you’re getting kicked in the junk 99 times out of 100, your effort is not being rewarded.

Yeah, some people want Trivial things. It so happened current Professions is no longer on that category anymore. Professions is not really complicated. It just needs more effort.

No it’s now in the category of being dysfunctional in one of their worse selling expacs.

If you are noob, yes it happens. But if you know how to play this game. You can make RNG on your favor. How to know to play this game? By doing EFFORT.

RNG is RNG so you can’t make it roll in your favor. You can only get lucky.

5 Likes

If you make more attempts, your chances are getting higher. More attempts = EFFORT.

More attempts doesn’t mean it increases chances. That’s a misconception. It rolls the same regardless. You just get lucky eventually.

8 Likes

Compare this.

A noob who wants the Raz Bow. Went to LFR and Normal. Got overwhelmed and wipe one time and quit. No chance to get him the Raz bow ever.

Me, more of M+ player not Raid and wants the Raz bow. Went to LFR Raz every week. Wipes here and there. It’s okay, I just want the kill becoz of the CHANCE of getting the Raz bow. Went to Normal Raid too. Was even kicked becoz of my low DPS as I was just 392 then with no 4-pc compared to 398’s with 4-pc. But I was persistent becoz I want that CHANCE to get the Raz bow. Eventually I killed Raz in Normal last 2 weeks ago but no Bow. It’s okay… at least I tried. I tried last week. I think I made 7 attempts on PuGs… all failed. I watched Antman instead. RoFL. Then this week, Made 5 attempts, all failed. Did it again 2 days ago and there were 5 hunters on Raz Normal. It dropped 2x Raz bows and I won 1. That is EFFORT. It’s just my 2nd Normal kill… around 5x LFR Raz kill.

You can try as much as you want. You are doing so based on your own perception and not based on how RNG works.

It’s random. Someone can farm it once and get it. Another person can farm it for years without getting it.

I’ve farmed stuff for a long time, it didn’t drop. I then left the game for 3-6 months. Came back and it dropped right away.

It’s based on what percentage chance they set it at each time. It does not increase based on any factors. Again you just get lucky.

5 Likes

The difference on me is that I am not expecting anything. I was just there to make some Attempts and hope for the best. I didnt expect that I would get the Raz bow. I didnt expect that I would get Sylvanas bow. All I care was … I had an attempt. Loots are RNG. There is a chance you wont get it especially if you are targetting one specific item.

But on Profession? What do I want to achieve? Gazillion Potions and Gazillion Phials/flasks, Gazillion Mastery Food and Some Feasts. I just make an effort. And it seems I got it.

That is a pesky situation. It’s possible to know about such a bottleneck ahead of time, but that requires going to an outside website, which is lousy design.

5 Likes

Depends on the professions and what is being farmed. Enchanting and alchemy have been really broken. Only early exploiters got anywhere because they did things they weren’t supposed to do. The professions then got disabled. And some of the higher recipes to finish them out are based on an rng chance for certain storms.

Most people aren’t gonna beat their heads against a wall based on a random number generator. Not everyone gets a thrill out of gambling.

3 Likes

You cannot make luck work harder in your favor in WoW. You can, however, delude yourself into thinking you do. Blizzard appreciates it.

And stow this “…if you’re a noob” crap.

4 Likes

Knowing the game plays a big factor. If you dont make an effort, you wont know the game. You would become a noob. So when I say youre a noob, it means you didnt make an effort.

Then you’re a noob. Because you don’t make the effort, you settle. “Aw, shucks, guess I can’t have that, and that’s just the way it is,” is settling.

I am not a noob… I continue to make an effort. I didnt quit. I am not down when I didnt get it becoz I am not expecting much.

I tell you what I cant do. I cant do Mythic Raiding. Becoz of my limited playtime, I dont have enough to make it there. But I am not a noob. Becoz if you give me 24/7 playtime like when I was a hardcore before, I am capable and I would be doing Mythic Raiding.

1 Like