Opinion - Professions Are Now Too Overcomplicated For Most Players To Want To Deal With

I can’t say that I’ve seen a world quest that gives better loot than a 418 lariat.

Nobody said it was difficult to read tooltips, the point is that tooltips aren’t what decides your path, mapping out your path via a 3rd party site depending on what things you need to access weeks/months later is how you pick your points. If there were a respec button, i think most people wouldn’t be as frustrated with the system as it is.

Why do people like you always come up with stuff like this? Are we going to go with the thing about people wanting mythic gear sent to them in the mail next? We all love that little chestnut.

2 Likes

Which is to be expected. Post of mine from a couple years ago explaining why the gold price of tokens ALWAYS drops at the start of every expansion.

Always. Always. Always.

You’re playing a bizarrely different game than I am, in that case. /shrug

I picked up Leatherworking about a month into the expansion and was cranking out 418 ilvl crafted gear less than 2 weeks later.

Do you just want to have 100 skill for sake of it or is it vital for your crafting quality?
In my experience, very few recipes require 100skill to be max quality

This game is not and should not be a GD job. Thats the last thing I want in a game. To me crafting is a hot mess that is a step back words. Its all just to sell Tokens.

Blizzard- how much did we make off many tokens sells the white Lego…WHAT! Now we need to turn it up to 11’

2 Likes

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Blizzard’s internal access to game statistics almost certainly shows that people got to 50ish and stopped interacting with professions other than weekly quests and that after about 2 weeks of checking for crafting orders to fill they just stopped checking and gave up.

So, Crafting is this expansion’s Torghast, Warfronts, or Island Adventures.

Some small number will shout, very loudly, that it’s the best thing ever, and the rest of us just choose to not interact with it.

If you look at crafting in WoW and crafting in FF14, it becomes clear pretty fast that WoW crafting is a dumpster fire. Can it be fixed? Absolutely! 3 months in does it look likely? Not really. The dev team is still barely acknowledging the issues about it and don’t seem to be listening. If they are, it would be great to give us some inkling of what their plans are.

7 Likes

I don’t see why it matters if they’re too complicated for most people when most of the people who aren’t willing to figure them out aren’t people who cared that much about professions in the first place.

You aren’t at a significant disadvantage if you don’t bother with professions; most people aren’t making a lot of gold with them anyway (at least not anymore). If you don’t know what to pick you just pick herbalism and/or/mining and or engineering for the wormhole again, just like last expansion.

1 Like

Crafting benches likewise can get benched. Going back to having to go to those like in legion it gets super old super fast.
I’ve lost all motivation to even make phials and pots at this point. Most too much crazy mats needed for the simplest pots…

If you’re an alchemist, you can just use one of the portable benches that you can buy from the Auction House.

There isn’t really a way to get your crafting up with a WoW token.
And it takes 2 seconds to do the two weekly quests for your knowledge.
Bad take.

complicated and complexity are two different things, and while I think it is true that profession are overcomplicated, I do not mean what you meant by it.

Unless it’s the gnoll mythic dungeon specific one…?

No matter how few people say professions rework is a success, the amount of people I know who have given up (myself included) have led me to believe it’s a failure.

8 Likes

Professions are jobs though, and some people actually do like playing games that are kind of like jobs; that’s why there are games like Euro Truck Simulator (which is way better than it sounds). This is a role-playing game so it’s weird that there weren’t profession specializations earlier (outside of old things like transmutation/potion/elixir mastery, gnomish/goblin engineering, etc.).

The current system is good for people who enjoy WoW more as an immersive world than as an arcade game. People who are used to doing things like crafting all of their own potions (even though they’re typically sold for close to the cost of mats anyway) can just buy from the regionwide AH now if they don’t want to bother with the new systems.

I don’t have a problem with professions. It’s a slow grind, needs more gear, and it’s a bit simple. It is less simple than the old crafting.

Because my skill isn’t at 100, some of my enchants are still only able to 2 star out of 3. Can’t even enchant my own gear without buying from AH.

3 Likes

No it was 28$ US in gold for a weapon enchantment for a long time.
Tokens to buy mats, and over priced enchantments.

With skill 100, you still wont be able to make guaranteed 3star one, you will still need to rely on chance(inspiration).

You obviously dont understand crafting and you didnt take time to understand it.
And when people dont understand, they just fear and hate things they dont understand.
If you want to understand (learn) crafting, check some online videos.
If you dont want to learn, you are not at loss, you can order things from other people who do understand it.