Opinion on new PC build

Time to get a new PC, do you see any issues with this build? Sending it off in a couple hours so now is your chance to tell me what a moron I am before I become said moron.

`https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Vulture051/saved/#view=z2Y7TW

witout knowing exactly what you’re using this PC for:

CPU is pointless overspend for gaming. (12 cores are doing nothing for you in gaming)

Motherboard is similarly overkill if all you’re doing is gaming (X570 isnt needed)

I can see no reason to get a Samsung EVO SSD - basically just throwing money away. Real-world speeds are not going to be different. You’re paying for the Samsung name at that point.

32GB of RAM is also not needed for gaming.

Now, if you’re going to be using the thing as a workstation to do serious editing or something, its not inherently a bad build. Just WAAAAAYYYYYY overkill for gaming.

So I’m told. Someone in another thread talked me down to `https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8QPcZR

Nothing inherently wrong there.

You still dont need 32GB of RAM but it isn’t going to hurt anything.

I wouldn’t pay full price for Windows either, but thats up to you.

As a note, you can simply post the entire build.

At the top of the build page in PCPartpicker, there is a row of buttons. The “T” button is plain text, you click it, and you can copy the build to paste elsewhere.

Its easier to read in line than have to swap back and forth.

Thus:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8QPcZR

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($634.00 @ Mike’s Computer Shop)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.95 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($298.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($195.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($253.75 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card ($959.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($127.05 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($134.75 @ Vuugo)
Monitor: Acer XG270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($448.99 @ Mike’s Computer Shop)
Total: $3263.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-29 15:39 EDT-0400

So… Buying a 3900x build is bad but 9900k is ok for just WoW :thinking:

TL;DR I made in another thread

If this was a WoW set up only, you could have saved alot more for less because the 3600x is fine for 1440p

And no I’m not saying 3900x is better, op could save alot of money for the same performance by using a 3600x

1 Like

Imply that you think. Hillarious.

First, i didn’t recommend the 9900K. I said there was nothing inherently wrong with it.

Second, shillstein, the OP is obviously not on a tight budget. He was prepared to shell out over 4k Canadian Rupees.

If he wants the best performance, Intel is it.

Ryzen 3 is struggling to hit 4.2ghz all-core OCs, and that 9900K will 5ghz out of the box.

Go back to your shill-hole.

And if you actually watched the benchmark video, it at spitting distance of a 9900k performance

Are both you AND Aribeth info-dyslexic?

Check the video, you blinkered tool.

The minimums on those Ryzen chips are 20+ fps below the Intel chips (and below 60fps several times).

That is nowhere NEAR spitting distance.

The video is not showing what you think its showing.

Good to see your unintelligence hasn’t changed any.

Ryzen 3 and Intel 9000 series chips are roughly equal in IPC. Intel chips still have an EIGHT HUNDRED Mhz advantage. In no world is that “within spitting distance”.

If you actually read my 2nd link…

:thinking:

Really? Why is his 3600x reaching 4.3 GHz all cores on his wow benchmark then?

And no don’t just look at the video image, he’s also showing the 3600x

Also if you actually read his last post, someone in general discussion vaguely told him yes on the 9900k option because he posted there too

Even others told him 3700x or a 3600x

Wow… 100 whole Mhz higher.

/facepalm.

the fact that you think that is some kind of comeback is just… sad. Like Aribeth, i recommend help. Professional, honest to god help.

Delusions aren’t healthy.

Why yes because his 3600x is OC all cores to 4.3 GHz?

While 4.4 GHz is for PBO? It’s disabled once you Manually OC?

Or this 3800x has PBO enabled and is capable of 4.5 GHz and sometimes 4.6 GHz :thinking:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cez66w/3800x_c7h_46ghz/

1 Like

The 9900K or 3900X are both fine setups. If you need every ounce of performance the 3900X will outperform the 9900K in WoW. Other games the story is different.

Kagthul and Griefs are all talk. 0 graphs, 0 evidence, just their own BS they try to pass on as facts. When you present charts, graphs and benchmarks they ignore them as ‘shills’ and ‘fake benchmarks’ while providing one of their own.

Fabric clock on Ryzen 3000 is upwards of 1900 Mhz faster :roll_eyes: . Troll more, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Ryzen can’t clock 4.2 all-core for the people spending $20 on a flea market board just like $20 flea market Intel boards aren’t reaching 5Ghz.

“if you need every ounce of performance the 3900x will outperform the 9900k in WoW.”

You have literally never posted any charts, graphs, or benchmarks that demonstrate this to be true. Nor have you ever done so for any of your other claims about how the 3600 is 2% worse than the 9900k, or whatever other nonsense you’ve spouted about how the third gen ryzens beat the intels. your basic premise is “despite every gaming benchmark known to man showing that the intels are generally significantly better, AND intel’s main advantage is in its single core performance and wow is a highly single core dependent game, the ryzens are better in wow, just watch this 6 hour video for proof.” If you have any actual evidence to share then post it already, and I mean something that directly compares an intel to a ryzen in warcraft performance, not a graph of some loosely related performance metric that demonstrates precisely nothing.

So you want evidence that’s not a chart or a graph? You also don’t want videos of benchmarks testing this data?

What kind of ‘evidence’ do you want then?

Did you even read what i said.

I would love it if you posted a graph that showed Ryzen fps is higher in Warcraft than intel.

You have the link of the vids in this thread already. His youtube channel has all the tests. I keep telling you he’s still testing Ryzen 3000 and a graph isn’t done yet for that chip. That’s why you only see a graph of the 9900K (he had months to test) and the 3600X is still in the works. If you watch his videos he states the 3600X OC is faster in WoW.

He only tested up to 5 man dungeons. I suspect the 9900K will surpass in higher end content and you’ll need a 3800X-ish to compete there.

We have links showing OC 3600X > 9900K in WoW. If you have any data to counter the 3600X is faster than the 9900K feel free to post it. For most other titles the 9900K is a no brainer.

Where does it show that the 3600x is faster. You’re gonna have to do better than “in this 3 hour video he says the 3600x is faster somewhere.” What is the average fps of the 3600x vs the 9900k in dungeons when under normal oc conditions. You are making the claim. Give me actual evidence, actual numbers. Sifting through hours of video is me trying to prove your claim. You prove your claim.

1 Like

They wont. They literally never do.

1 Like

On one core.

I mean, i realize you will ignore anything that makes AMD look bad, but the recent “our listed boost clock is for only one core in one ccx” debacle is amthing, wether you like to admit it or not.

It doesnt make them bad chips, they still beat Intel handily at price/performance and perform very well…

But the truth is the truth. They cant hit anywhere near the same all-core overclocks that Intel can, not even close, and the voltages required to get there are eyewatteringly bad.

Given IPC parity (which is a thing, and is the “killer feature” of Ryzen 3), theyre still at a solid 600+ mhz deficit… they arent just somehow magically going to perform the same as a CPU that is that much faster.

You sound like those delusional Mac heads comparing PPC to X86-64 chips (and i say that as a Mac user during that time). “I know its 1ghz slower but its actually faster!!1!1!!11”

1 Like

Fair request.

The bulk of the video has him playing the game with FPS counters turned on. Comparing numbers is pretty straight forward. He’s asking people for his own 9900K numbers as he’s getting the 3600X number as he plays WoW.

Comments from the benchmarker’s channel regarding stock 3800x vs stock 9900K and proof he’s still working on it:

Answer from the reviewer:

More times stamps of his video comparing his 9900k Intel to his Ryzen testing:

~24:34 he compares the 9900k to his 3600X in Ryzen 3600X Live Testing + Gaming + LN2 Benchmarks
~29:15 he compares the 9900k to his 3600X in Ryzen 3600X Live Testing + Gaming + LN2 Benchmarks
~40:28 he compares the 9900k to his 3600X in Ryzen 3600X Live Testing - Day 2 - Memory scaling and WoW Benchmarks (talks specific numbers)

Much much more if you actually watch the videos (close to 12+ hours now). As you can see his Youtube channel he’s starting to test the 3800X now too.