Opinion from a Void Elf player

Bravo! I totally support all of these suggestions except the last one. Blizz did not go the ethereal route in void elf design. It would seem odd to me to add elements of that now.

Ah I added that because someone else suggested it. I think since Void Elves interact with ethereal that they would come to understand some of their mysteries, and who knows what would be possible at that point. Maybe void elves lose some of their limbs in transformation and require ethereal bandages? I think its a cool idea.

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea, but I would still like to see a fully ethereal race and/or character customization introduced to the game.

1 Like

I’d love to see your ideas implemented, OP. More customization is always a good thing.

-Void crowns and jewellery for both men and women

-Longer hair options and beards too, both with and without tendrils.

-Natural eyes colours and Void colours like purple, black and orange

Those are the only things I really want from Void Elves, so anything else would just be a bonus, imo. I really want to see some natural stuff for them too, though. If blizzard are giving us High Elves through Void Elves, they’d only need to give a few more options at most. Once that’s done, the rest of the resources should go on making them more Void-y.

1 Like

You can have both. Its just there won’t be any normal white skin or normal brown options for the Void Elves in terms of Skin Tune Customization of being a Void Elf. Which is why I say in terms of the Voidy Skin Tunes. Plus I think having different hair colors that is kind of like Blood Elves but more darker wouldn’t be that bad. It’s just you won’t be having regular light blonde hair which is why I requested a Darker color of Blonde.

Also if it comes down to this. There might be options where the Players would choose being a Normal Void Elf to a Void Elf that has already lost his or her’s mind to the void that ended being Truly Void Tainted. I know that not all of the features of High/Blood Elves might not come into the Void Elf Race. That’s why after High Elf features I want to see other side of the coin for Void Elves to being completely different to the Void Tainted options.

Blizzard listened!!! Thank you Blizzard!! We now have grey skin tones with the blue tint taken out! In addition to blood elf skin tones… these will look so great for mogs!!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316774/new-void-elf-skin-tones-in-shadowlands-same-tones-as-blood-elves

Edit: Reading the preamble… we are also getting more faces. They just haven’t been released yet. I hope they cure our sameface syndrome but we will see.

it bugs me that they couldn’t be bothered to keep the traditional void elf undergarments.

Indifferent to BE customization being given to us. I want more alien/old god looking stuff. I would love n’zoth eyes like the toy or idk give me some tentacle voidy tattoos or something.

1 Like

Allow me to leave some art here. This art IS NOT MINE. But… well I wonder what people think.

I am particularly fond of the last one. I’ve brought these images up before and was wondering if I could ever find them again. Lo and behold, I somehow managed to do so!

4 Likes

I need all of this.
Especially the all tentacle hair styles.

I’d also really like to see holograhpic / pink colours.
They’ve got the tech to do holo with the nightborne tattoos now, so…

2 Likes

I’m digging all of that so hard. It’s just a few tentacles removed from DnD mind flayers, I love that art so much. Ty for sharing

1 Like

Yeah no problem! I saw that art in passing once and every time people talk about wanting void elves to actually be more voidy/monstrous (and by proxy, more cool looking, no offense to those that like high elves but… yeah void elves are far more interesting as VOID elves to me personally) I think of that art.

Heck, in like… what, half a year? I’ll be able to draw such things and might try to do so for some void elf concepts. Though I’d be doing it for San’layn concepts primarily, and Blood Elf that has more variety, I do like void elves too so it’d be fun to consider more voidy-like art for them for sure.

1 Like

Okay… that’s good.

My personal dream is to get that long sephiroth like hairstyle blood elves have.
And at the end of the hair tips it would blend into a galaxy like appearance

This was my only real problem when they gave them the blood elf options. Now they need those plus actual void elf options which oddly are currently missing. When/if they do get them they will have more options than everyone else and that doesn’t seem very fair, especially to other allied races.

I love the duality of the first one, the one turned away seems somewhat reserved while the face has a sort of savagery behind it. This is what drew me to Void Elves initially and I hope they do right by this concept this time around.

The other two remind me of land versions of Azshara, and I’m certainly not mad at it.

One thing they need to improve upon with the Void Elves is timing. The end of BFA was a travesty as far as Void Elves are concerned. Hopefully they find a way to be relevant in Shandowlands. Seeing Alleria in Icecrown does give me hope though.

As much as I love your thread and share the same wish, I’m not that optimistic that Allied Races are getting a lot of exclusive features with ShL launch. I’m grateful that we are getting at least something though.

Oh! How about a hairstyle that is only tentacles? Like a medusa? :octopus:

It’s outrageous that there’s even a Velf npc with black hair (the Velf Island expedition leader). Plus we’d really need a light hair color, like pure white.

Right! There is a mockup somewhere of Void Elves with eyes like Azshara’s and it’s amazing!

To be honest, 4/6 void skin tones are almost identical with ingame lightning. One of those could’ve been easily changed to a “voidier” tone;

My own suggestion: Change Entropic Embrace to a more subtle proc effect visual, like of a trinket… And add another racial that lets you swap in and out the actual cosmetic effect at will.

2 Likes

I would love a more Voidy-Void Elf, rather than a High Elf-Void Elf any day!

1 Like

This is exactly what I want to see! Like medusa, or sort of like Kerrigan from SC3 but with tentacles.

@Fallynn I love everything you posted too, most especially those creepy orange eyes. But all those tentacles/tendrils are really what I would like to see more of. I like how they are coming out of the body.

Omg I’d die if Entropic Embrace procced like that many eyes! :smiley:

… As long as they make it a cosmetic toggle separate from the actual buff, so I can have this whenever I want.