Opinion from a Void Elf player

Hello. I support more options for everyone. I support adding normal skin tones for void elves. I support if you want to make them look like high elves.

But for players who created a void elf specifically to play an ELF associated with VOID… could I please recommend you also add these much-needed options:

• More hair styles with tentacles. Especially would love styles that only have tentacles instead of actual hair.
  • Black hair and other voidy colors
  • Void tattoos and marks that show their proximity to the void, just like how Nightborne have arcane tattoos that clearly show their close proximity to the arcane
  • Dark eyes, especially black eyes with a darker blue glow that mirrors other void effects such as our heritage armor. The current turquoise options do not look like void to me. Don’t remove the turquoise ones but understand that reflects high elf arcane powers and some of us still want the void aesthetic.
  • Old god style eyes like N’zoth has. Sort of like Azshara’s orange slit-eyes.
  • Some skin tones on the grey to dark grey spectrum. Makes transmog more easy than just the blue skin, for those who don’t want to look like a high elf.
  • Edit: Someone suggested ethereal limbs with bandages… I think this would be very cool and do-able.

Thank you. I will be editing the thread as I think of more.

71 Likes

I’d like hair tentacle customization.
Like you can have the tentacles have eyeballs or little mouths, or wiggle around.
I think that’d be pretty cool

5 Likes

I think more of that galaxy effect we see in some void areas could be used to really cool affect if applied more broadly!

16 Likes

A jet black skin tone would be pretty cool too, especially with the option of black hair!

9 Likes

As weird as it sounds, I want to see some housing or buildings in Telogrus Rift. Or some Void Elf style buildings somewhere, or some sign of habitation.

21 Likes

As a Void Elf user, I am not keen on tentacle hair. In my opinion it doesn’t look that good.

Void Tattoos, or just part of their bodies being void would be cool. Like the Forsaken’s arms who have visible bones, Void Elves would have just void, ethereal like skin there.

More hairstyles. But hopefully some without void tentacles. I’ve enough with them clipping through many robes.

11 Likes

I do think they should add more hair without tentacles for those who want them.

For those who want tentacles, this is a valid criticism. i would love to have more tentacle hair but without the clipping.

3 Likes

My suggestions try to appease both crowds:

• Celtic-style (full of twisting and circular patterns) tatoos, like Alleria’s, in colors: void (starry black), blue, violet and magenta
  • Hair colors: Silver-blue, dark red, bege, white, black
  • More hair styles
  • A toggle between void tendrils or braids in your hair (so every hairstyle with tentacles has two variations: one traditional and one voidy)
17 Likes

I feel they can use shadow effect hairstyles outside of EE. Kinda like DID firey hair.

3 Likes

Great idea. The animated void effects on hair would be lovely.

They can even have a few that have star-like effects in it like the void portals.

5 Likes

I support every single one of those ideas, they would be absolutely amazing for void elves.

1 Like

Yeah, that’d be nice. It’s mostly a WoW problem than a tentacle problem, though. Robes / gear with high neck can clip on most hair.

As much as I love my Vestments of enflamed blight (Heroic), I have to use it with short hair, otherwise the tentacle clip.

But that’d be with any long hair, tentacle or not. I like your ideas.

All hair styles should come with tentacles, BUT the tentacles should be a separate option that can be toggled on and off. My favorite velf hairstyle doesn’t come with tentacles but I want them so badly. :sob:

2 Likes

Agreed! Let’s put the VOID in Void Elves! :octopus: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

The tattoos especially would be awesome, because then you could choose a more “normal” skin tone yet still have a voidy element. If they were purple/bluish it’d look pretty badass.

4 Likes

Agreed, I’d love it if we had skin like that :milky_way: :milky_way: :milky_way:

2 Likes

My one bedroom no bathroom no kitchen tent is quickly beginning to become insufficient for habitation sadly :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

You’ll be happy to know black hair seems to be coming! If you check out the teaser images, one of the male void elves showing off a new skin color also has the same black hair color that blood elves are getting in Shadowlands!

See guy #2 - Void Elves do not currently have that hair color as an option. You can confirm that with the wowhead dressing room.

6 Likes

Yes to all of the above! I love the idea of a tentacle toggle, which pleases both players who want more and those who don’t want to use any.

I also love the idea of Void Tattoos, as they could also mark a Void Elf as such, even when using one of the new skin tones.

I would also love new hairstyles and colors, namely some of the more traditional thalassian styles and lighter colors, namely Light blue, light purple, white and possibly blonde.

7 Likes