Opinion from a Void Elf player

First, I haven’t played in a while but options to look like Alleria will have me coming back for Shadowlands! Here’s my additional wish list:

I’d like the current pony tail without the tentacle. Void elves are still elves. To me, tentacles go with eye beams, and we don’t have those. In general, I prefer the hair styles where the hair is arranged like tentacles, without actually being tentacles.

For a dark hair color, I’d suggest midnight blue as more voidy than just black. I’d also like a red like mine minus the purple tones, and an Alleria color yellow hair would be appropriate.

I’d prefer more earrings to tattoos, but some midnight blue tattoos might not be bad. Some earrings featuring sapphires would be nice.

Midnight blue glowy eyes - or for that matter midnight blue nonglowy eyes - would be great. I’ve already got an N’Zoth style eye on my forehead, so more of those aren’t really required. Unless I get eye beams with them. The eye beams would do as much damage as N’Zoth’s, of course.

I’d personally prefer skin colors be limited either to the current blue spectrum like Umbric, or the pink spectrum like Alleria.

Smaller ears would be good, perhaps limited to the height of the head or so - just peeking out of the hair styles.

Assuming these would be silvermoon style but recolored in a blue palette, that would be great! Maybe they could add a few vendors too.

I wonder if they could do animated star like tattoos. Or earrings.

1 Like

Oh!! <3 I really hope so! I thought that was one of the dark green hairs at first!! I know it was always an NPC option that they kept from us for some reason.

2 Likes

The Void-corrupted elves should not have anything added to them. In fact, things should be removed to purge their kind from the world. Praise The Light!

1 Like

I sort of imagine silvermoon ‘style’, but slightly warped and misshapen with auras of void magic coming from the foundations, like the Void Elves tried to build the structures using magic (liek Silvermoon) but the effects of the Void have twisted their shape and given them almost organic qualities in that the stone seems to shift and move slightly.

But they are not going to look like High Elves, but like blood elves.
Their names will still be purple blood elves. They will continue to be a placebo, using a placebo, to pretend not to be blood elves.
Their racials, then, will be constant proof that they are anything but High Elves.

If it makes sense for them to maintain the appearance of blood elves, when they lost.
This just makes the placebo race even more ridiculous, as the excuse for the alliance not to have High Elves, was for ally not to have the appearance of a horde race. So they decide to paint blood elves purple, as if that makes them a group that is not in the horde and has the same disdain for the other blood elves for the alliance.
Now they are going to be so similar to blood elves that it just makes the invention of the race an even more empty act.

Becareful with this word. Some people go nuts when reading the words “toggle” or “option”.

1 Like

Oh please!
voidflip

2 Likes

Someone actually made this thread :eyes: Happy to finally see it, lmao. I’m definitely in support of all of this… excluding one thing:

I personally think that’d be kind of hard to make much sense out of. Void Elves would never be trusted with eyes like that(They’re also already on thin ice because of their past), and they’d probably straight up be kicked out/hunted down by the rest of the Alliance.

It probably could work though, with eyes like that being a rare oddity.

I mean, look at Demon Hunters and Death Knights. Both the Alliance and the Horde are willing to take a hell of a lot on faith if they think they can benefit from it.

1 Like

That’s actually a good point. I guess it could be plausible.

Maybe instead of multiple N’zoth eyes, we could have the Azshara style eyes (the reddish orange coloring with the slit pupil similar to a dragon’s eyes). That would look really awesome on a Void Elf.

4 Likes

kind of like some type of shadow people??

2 Likes

More customization to show their partial transformation into an ethereal would be nice. Being purple was one of the laziest ways Blizz could’ve shown this

Where’s the ethereal limbs held together with bandages? Where’s the darker eye colors? Where’s the face option that gives them a third eye on their forehead?

Honestly a Blood Elf shadow priest looks more voidy than the standard Void Elf

3 Likes

I love all the suggestions in this thread - imagine shadowy tentacled elves with orange, black, or glowing purple eyes… all additional options that can be added onto the options currently available…

Blizzard should ask us for suggestions more often lol

4 Likes

VOID ELF THAT EAT PANT, NO GOOD!
Please, allow me to create a full sentence, Blizzard - you are the kindest and most experienced publisher and game developer. ME

Yes! All these options would be amazing to see for Void Elves!

That’s sort of what I meant yea!

I love this idea!

1 Like

Hey guys they added some eye options and I wanted to add my opinion on them! I like the light purple ones especially… but what I would really like to see as I stated in my original post is some DARK purple eyes! You know, that have purple as the background instead of white with a purple glow, just like the “blue” eyes that were added. I hope blizzard considers this!! I hope they are not done adding void elf stuff because we have so much potential!

(This is OP on a different character because forums won’t let me post twice)

1 Like

Im up for any interesting options, as long my boy doesn’t end up just looking like a copy of a Blood Elf. They are Void Elves and there should continue to be a visual representation of their nature.

1 Like

Great list OP! I’d also like some light purple skin tones like the light blue ones we have :smile: