Operation Shieldwall rep bugged in Remix

I’m trying to finish the Operation Landfall achievement on Remix. I just completed the quest A King Among Men, which should award 3000 reputation. However, upon completing it, it says I got the 3000 reputation, but then it instantly decreases it again by 2750, and I’m here with 400 reputation into Neutral.

So, it’s bugged, and I’m not sure if there’s going to be an easy way for me to recuperate the reputation on my max geared shaman without doing a BUNCH of dailies.

18 Likes

Just started this as well, Quest are only giving 150 on the dailies and I am only 4700 into Honored and I can not do any more of the quest chain until I get to Revered

(Edit) Also Tried on My Remix Monk an Did get 3K then 2750 Decreased just after getting it Got a screenshot of it if anyone wants to see it

6 Likes

Glad to see I’m not the only one dealing with this issue. They need to fix this ASAP.

5 Likes

Same here. Did the first few quest before I noticed that the rep was bugged on this remix character. I have a remix druid as well. I was planning to run through the Isle of thunder scenarios and the rep for Operation Shieldwall to save some bronze and get the recolor appearances. Hoping this gets fixed.

3 Likes

Klaxxi is bugged as well. Probably anything that gives boosted rep from quests.

Shaohao works at least.

5 Likes

I’m willing to bet that something to do with the warbands is messing it up… especially since rep is supposed to be account wide for the most part

4 Likes

I am having the very same issues trying to complete Operation Shieldwall & Dominance Offensive for the class emsambles. This is a LIMITED TIME mode & needs to be fixed asap so we can complete it on our characters BEFORE Remix is over. I get 6000 rep, then I lose 5500 of it. Please, please, fix this.

At least, please give us some confirmation that it is a known issue and if there will be a fix so I know whether to wait or abandon plans to finish it.

7 Likes

Account-wide rep for warbands was only applied to Dragonflight reps (with one or two exceptions). Any reps prior are not converted yet and are still character-specific.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue but with the Klaxxi Rep. Quests that say they will award 5000 rep end up only rewarding 500 rep as all rep gains are immediately followed by a rep decrease.

3 Likes

Same issue here, this is a huge problem for those of us trying to complete objectives and collect the limited time class item rewards.

What seems to be happening is: quests rewarding reputation as a “reward” is a newer feature (to Dragonflight, possibly a little earlier), and it adds onto the regular reputation given from turning in the quest.

For MoP Remix blizzard added huge “reward” reputation onto certain quests to speed through progression, hence why some Klaxxi quests say “5k rep” in the quest log rewards-- that’s 500 from the original quest plus 4500 extra from the remix.

The problem is that it seems like the warband “only get reputation rewards from a quest once” feature is flagged across the board for all additional rep, not just DF+TWW quests. Hence why dailies and mob kills and whatnot are still rewarding the normal amount, and why when I turned in a Klaxxi quest I received 5000 reputation and then lost 4500 immediately-- the game thinks I already earned that bonus 4500 in my warband (likely because I did these quests 10+ years ago.)

Please give us some acknowledgement of this issue in the official tracking, it’s made completing certain limited time goals in the remix impossible for people who started after the pre-patch dropped.

4 Likes

Right, but something in the good ol’ spaghetti code could’ve messed it up. Who knows, hopefully it’s fixed cuz I’m regretting not doing this earlier now

3 Likes

Same. :frowning:

I specifically held off for a few days on doing more quests on my remix character because I wanted to get used to the pre-patch class changes while leveling him, now I’m wishing I had just blasted through everything before the reputation got busted. None of us had any way of knowing this would happen, though.

5 Likes

Same Here!!! everybody says it only takes like 3 hours to complete, am farming 3 days in a row for lesser talisman to be able to complete the chain, and am already tired!

4 Likes

It has been 3 days already and I dont see the fix yet T_T

4 Likes

Getting this as well. I didn’t start the questline and started it the day before the prepatch and got some good rep quickly, then after the patch I’ll get say 3000 increase immediately followed by 2750 decrease (same quest OP just finished is the one I just did too that is what brought me here to see if this was just me). Or others will be 1500 increase with a 1350 decrease, etc.

It’s fkn aggravating. Bliz is NOT an indie company but I’ve seen indie companies do better than this. Bliz really needs to stop being incompetent and breaking more stuff than they fix and especially (as far as I am concerned) this is fairly gamebreaking because now Operation Shieldwall rep is an unbrearable grind and completely broken!

Worst part is, at least here on the US Bliz Forums, I see no comment or aknowledgement from Blizzard about this. At least in the EU forums they have blues posting and aknowledging it’s an issue, so why not here to? Bliz US can’t even comment to put us at ease to tell it us it is known and hopefully fixed soon? Come on guys!

4 Likes

Exlated achievement is bugged as well. Didn’t granted.

2 Likes

I’m getting the same problem. Started the campaign with alliance but couldn’t get pass the reputation requirement.

Started on horde to see if it could work. Did the Meet the Scout quest and received an increase of 3000 with Dominance Offensive but decreased by 2750 right after.

The time is ticking and we need a fix to get the transmog achievement.

5 Likes

HOw can we now when this is gonna be fix?

2 Likes

Just did Agent Connelly’s section in Bizmo’s Brawlpub and noticed the +3000 -2750.

At this rate, I will miss out on the Landfall achievement.

I hope there will be some catch-up mechanic for all the lost reputation.

3 Likes

I have…a possible? workaround that I don’t see mentioned in here, thought I’d share if anyone else is playing catch-up at present cuz they’d left the game and didn’t realize it was a thing until randomly stumbling onto a Bellular vid a couple weeks ago.

DQs in MoP award Lesser Charms of Good Fortune, and hoo boy are there plenty of DQs in MoP! Given how strong even my crappy ilvl 346 toon is, where if I don’t delete the mob with a crit, they only need a stiff breeze to finish them off, you can grind the DQs out pretty quickly. (Except Isle of Thunder because no flying, but that’s what your Cogwheel slot is for, right?) 10 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune can be cashed in for 500 rep (no penalties!) courtesy of the repeatable “Aid the Horde/Alliance” quest given by Nazgrim/Taylor at their respective base camps.

I’m sure it’s going to slow significantly now that it’s the work week and I can’t farm DQs all day every day, but I got something like 5-7k rep this weekend this way (not including the DO dailies and rep-unlocked quests) and am into low Revered territory, having just started the grind Thursday of last week.

TL;DR - Grind DQs like they’re going out of style. Spend them on “Aid the Horde/Alliance” quests with Nazgrim/Taylor at your Krasarang Wilds base. Profit, and unlock your sweet class mogs.

3 Likes