Operation: Mechagon lockout and grouping bug

The only work around that I have found with this is as follows:

Have all group members (who are locked to the same dungeon) gather outside of the OM dungeon, not in a party.

Have a few enter the dungeon and create a party(quickly), do not invite the outside members just yet as they will get the message they are porting to the GY, and with this even if they are invited, they will be ported out and not see the same lockout when re-entering.

Now that your group is formed, have them enter and make sure the leader invites immediately, to prevent the above from happening.

This literally just worked for my group, and we were having the same exact issue.

3 Likes

That is awful…to have to jump through so many hoops just to get back into the instance together without the lockout or some in a difference instance than the others.

Bliz failed to address this from what I am reading, if it was evident on the PTR before launch. Someone on their staff is not doing their job.

I do agree that it is awful. Hopefully a hotfix comes out soon where you do not have to do that in order to run a dang dungeon.

My groups original lockout was on the oppression unit, but once we entered the following day the Trogg King was still up and the oppression unit was hovering over him (we downed him the day prior). We made attempts, then we figured we would try to get our original lock out back.

My group started at 9PM to try to run the dungeon, and it took us ~10:45PM to find a work around. That is a lot of time wasted on something that could been fixed in the PTR, when it was in fact reported.

Can confirm, happening here too. We couldn’t continue, because HK-8 was above the King and we couldn’t get him to move by doing Gunker first. Gunker and the twins were dead but King had respawned. Would be nice to hear back from Blizzard about this issue.

Exact same issue - this is ridiculous!!!

Hey Blizzard fix your fooking dungeon I resubbed for this patch and I can’t even finish this mythic ID. This EXACT bug was reported OVER A MONTH AGO on the PTR forums and now it’s in live great job.

4 Likes

This workaround did not work for us.

Ran into this too. I have the first 3 bosses down. If I zone in by myself, all is as expected. If I invite anyone else, they zone in and bosses are up for them and I can’t see them.

That’s weird, and I’m sorry to hear that! Hopefully there is a hotfix coming out to fix this issue. I was hoping what we tried would work for everyone haha… :sweat:

Same bug here, would appreciate to have a gm response.

this is still happening. attempting King on Hard Mode

My friends and I have the EXACT same issue!!! Problem is that 1 of the 5 of us from the original group isn’t on so even though the work around Grimlos mentioned works for us, it would mean we have to 4 man HK-8.

THIS IS THE WORST!!!

Our group ran into this as well. So we had cleared up until HK, wiped a few times then went to bed. Then 4 of us came back the same week to pick up where we left off, then ran into the bug. We tried a variety of things, nothing worked. So I went into the instance alone and HK was where he was supposed to be. Invited the other guys and they came into the instance but they were phased out and they had the bug still, but they then tried going into the instance alone without a group, and we could all see eachother inside the instance out of a group, then formed a group inside the instance where HK was where he was supposed to be. So maybe that will help

i also had the same bug. on tuesday we killed 3 out of 4 bosses and left Aerial Unit up. wednesday we tried to resume where we left off and Gobbamak had respawned and the aerial unit was patrolling him. when we entered the instance alone, everything appeared normal. as a group in the journal it shows the bosses defeated but when we zone in, Gobbamak respawns eventhough he was deafeated the day before.

having same issue

Still an issue today.

We had the same issue today. Started instance yesterday and progressed to HK but then lockout was all messed up when we went back today. King was still up and unit was flying over him so we couldn’t get to him. We ended up switching toons and playing a lock out we had at KUJO instead.

Same issue. Just did this today (now). We did submit tickets for bugg. For clarification: Our issue was having stopped at King G. and locked out-when we came back to continue it now had HK flying over and was in hard mode. We were unable to continue. We suspect if you get past King G. and then lock out and return it will continue properly but we are not sure.

I hope we have a response from Blizzard before the weekly reset.

Same issues here.
4 of us from original group had first 3 bosses down last night, we come back today to continue and it is putting myself and one person together, and the other two together, and we can’t see each other’s “group”. Whether we zone in first and invite, or party up then step in.
The fifth person who was not in the original group isn’t even the issue. We try without them in the party and it’s still splitting us - who were there together originally.