Operation Mechagon: Dungeon Overtuned!

Just because your skill level, or gear is not up to the challenge, DOES NOT make this instance “overtuned”. Three things you can do, 1 get gear from other sources, there are tons, 2 learn and execute mechanics of dungeons better, and 3 slow down and don’t try to steamroll the place. These will help you complete this instance. You are welcome. :wink:

2 Likes

For me, it really wasn’t that bad. My friend and I pugged it. The only boss that was really challenging for us was KU-J0 because we were trying to figure out why a cube wasn’t dropping every time. Other than that we enjoyed it. It can be time consuming though.

We had the same issue, we found that a block was dropped almost directly into another, that’s why we couldn’t see it.

1 Like

not overtuned at all, i cleared it the first day the dungeon opened… was simple and easy if you bother to learn the mechanics of the first couple of bosses. after that it’s a complete snorefest.

1 Like

Is this true?

I am assuming you didn’t do Kara in Legion when it first launched either, did ya? Because the difficulty is very comparable. Its a mega dungeon Rastlin, come on.

The dungeon was pretty easy if you actually pay attention to and actually do the mechanics.

Then again, it somehow takes you 7 hours to do Nazjatar and Mechagon dailies… so… It might just be out of your skill range in general I suppose. /shrug
for reference – 7 Hours to finish the dailies!

4 Likes

I one shot almost every boss, idk if you’re serious or trolling, but the mechanics of the bosses aren’t even hard for the average competent player. You sound like one of those spoonfed players who loves lfr and thinks every fight should be patchwerk or you get upset and die.

1 Like

There may be specific things here and there that are overtuned depending on your composition, but the dungeon overall is just very punishing and on purposefully done so. I wonder if the boxes stacking nearly right on top of each other isn’t a bug though for KUJO. You’d think they’d be dropped more around the room.

Our group completed it on two separate nights and it was about a couple hours each half. We did the fights mostly blind as is how we tend to run things. We only go to guides and the journal when we’re done troubleshooting on our own.

Our comp was prot pally, ret pally(me), unholy DK, WW monk, and Holy priest. The monk and prot pally are our two tanks for the raid, so sometimes they switched off tanking and DPS for the run. We were able to get through it. The most time consuming bit was the very beginning because the kill bot was circling the first boss and we were trying to figure out how to disable it or deal with it. We finally just looked it up. Turns out that’s just hard mode and he moved with each defeated boss. lol

Some of the trash can be very punishing IF YOU DONT USE CC. With CC it’s pretty easy, though those pairs of bots before the King did some pretty brutal aoes…

I don’t know why people say redundant things like this. Of course something is easy if you do everything right. lol

As with any new dungeons, wipes are most prevalent during the first week, or even just someones first run.

I ran it twice this week on this character, the first time was fine but still wiped to the bosses because we didnt know the exact mechanics. Did it a second time with friends, we stilled wiped because it was their first time but the mechanics were smoother because me and others already knew the dungeon

Its not overtuned, its just people have been learning it.

First go through was rough, but once we knew what to CC on trash it was a cake walk.

First 4 bosses were rather challenging, but the last 4 were pretty easy.

The dungeon is fine. Doing it once on my main, and another time on an alt. The alt run was easy since we knew what was up and what to CC doing trash.

The tuning of a Mythic+ 7 or +8 it feels like thats the case.

For Hard mode yes there are hard mode triggers. For example the first 4 bosses, if you defeat the first 3 bosses in the order of where the HK-8 areal unit is above them the 4th boss will have a hard mode activated.

Instead of Tank buster MK1 you will be fighting Tank Buster MK2 which does more damage. The adds are faster, etc.

There are other hard modes for other bosses but this is the only one I know full details on.

Well, it looks like I won’t be doing this dungeon. Unless they release a heroic version of it.

yes check my achieves

took about an hour with us not even having a clue how to do the dungeon or what to expect

Well, if you love this fight, you’ll really love hard-mode.
On the off-hand people haven’t noticed, some mini blobs are called “Gnome Eaters”.

General Mobs

• CC and interrupt
  • Don’t faceroll and mass pull
  • Some mobs have no threat table and kill whoever they want

Twins

• Interrupt Taze as much as possible
  • Avoid Cycle
  • Get into cloud if targeted by megataze
  • Try and kill them close together as possible

King Monkey

• Avoid AoE falling crap
  • Stack with tank for Shock AoE
  • Run to pylons and robot after Shock to kill cannon fodder

Blob

• Try and stay with a Squirter
  • Free any player or squirter trapped in gunk. Quickly

Flying Machine

• Avoid Blue crap
  • Avoid mini bots and kill them
  • Tank has hard job with Tank-1. It hits hard. Need to kill Tank-1 before 3rd Wreck. Tank will unlikely to have any CDs left.
  • Run up and avoid simple obstacles
  • Hack
  • Hero and beat boss
  • Repeat

Arena

• Avoid buzz saws
  • Avoid rockets
  • Kill Bomb Tonks first
  • Phase 2
    • Tank kites Platinum to Hammers to remove armour. 3 times.
    • DPS kill other dude, gets out of way when it charges and runs when fixated
  • Kill Platinum

Kujo

• Hide behind box when it does vent. Do not hide behind heated box.
  • Run away from all boxes when done
  • It has bugs

Garden Boss

• Avoid easy to see fire vents
  • Avoid mobile clippers
  • Avoid crap on ground
  • Kill Plants when they appear. Drop oil puddle.
  • Kill fast before running out of space

King

• Phase 1
    • Avoid Orbs
    • Avoid Orbs when they move
    • Avoid ID4 death beam. Hard on healer this is as it also does AoE dmg.
  • Phase 2
    • Boss must be meleed
    • Keep still when targeted by Gigazap. Others move of the way.
    • Do not get hit by Gigazap again. You will probably die.
    • Avoid Orbs
    • Avoid Orbs when they move
    • Avoid Orbs when they get pulled by magnet
    • Run away from Magnet
  • Phase 3
    • Beat up king. ~15secs.

it wasn’t until I went into my bigwigs settings to colour code things that I realised how simple most of the fights are. You pretty much summed up everything there.

This description is proof nerfs are needed!

1 Like

This description is proof nerfs are needed!

And this sentence proves you are a troll who should’ve been banned from the forums a long time ago.

Loads of complexity for a dungeon is certainly overtuning.

God forbid they add some difficulty to the expansion…