Open X-fers Skyfury—>Angerforge

Open free transfers from Skyfury to Angerforge. This is the only way to fix this mess.

4 Likes

Wait. Is anger forge another fresh pvp server? If so I’m down

yeah its fresh, and SF is already full lol

Looking at this 9k que at 10pm is rough. Should of been a new East coast server. To many prime times to get through.

Skyfury will become the new alliance pve server and angerforge will be the new horde pve server.

1 Like

Blame Blizzard then, they have the power to dictate what transfers. What’s 100% absolutely not ok is the queue time to play a “balanced” server.

Did you forget what happened with Faerlina?

Once the streamer leaves, hordes follow, and I’m not talking about the Horde.

1 Like

What happened to Faerlina? Oh yeah it became a one-sided server like all the others.

Look people don’t want to admit it, I get that, but PVP servers are a complete joke. WPvP happens very briefly in the beginning of an expansion, or patch or in Skyfury and Angerforge’s case at the launch of a new server and then it dies out completely as people log in just for raids or to sit in front of a battlemaster (see Shattrath).

If you do this, refund our subscriptions and close out our accounts. They stated very clearly that we would not be subjected to realm transfers for at least 90 days.

Of course, they also stated clearly that they understand how damaging adding more servers can be, but they did that anyway…

Transfers would just greatly expedite that process. I sure hope Skyfury never gets transfers to or from.

Skyfury won’t be the Alliance server, once those streamers leave, they take their fans with them. Which is, what I mean, with Faerlina.

Faerlina was mostly a very healthy high pop, well balanced server long after those streamers stopped playing. It wasn’t until several months into TBC Classic that the faction disparity started.

I dont understand the circle jerking of streamers making or breaking servers. Yall are weird, and not the cool kind of weird.

3 Likes

It’s not streamers… it’s server transfers. Server transfers have had incredibly detrimental effects on servers.

1 Like

Like I said WPvP is cool and all in the very beginning of an expansion and all that but in reality, people just want to farm their primal air or fires and be done with it without having to fight some paladin and a rogue for 45 minutes.

atleast asmon and the boys left skyfury so queue might die down / ally playerbase will drop for balance

Linking all that stuff they said before the server came out is great. and all but… That was before there was 10k people hostage every night trying to play on a 1 way realm with no other option than reroll.

Umm, not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread, but cool.

Yeah, well just reroll or deal with the queues. It’s not that difficult, and we know that the queues are temporary, so what’s the big deal? You think it’s worth destroying the server because you can’t login to the toon you want to play right now? Sure you do, but I don’t and that’s why I’m commenting.

Cherry picking I see. Okay.

Nah there is 0 reason anything needs to be destroyed. They control who can transfer and who can’t. They put zero effort in controlling population, yet you still defend it. Guess we just don’t agree on the what we consider the issues to be.

Gold buying has destroyed every server in classic and that is why the fresh realms in my circle of friends are so popular. I was on Benediction before and raiding was just very expensive GDKPs. Get just a few weeks or months of manageable economy before it breaks again…

On another topic is mirroring a second server and utilizing sharding like they do in retail just to expensive for a temporary fix on their part or really not an option. Just curious lol.

1 Like

Cherry picking what?

Oh, I see. Pardon me if your subtlety wasn’t obvious. As more Horde transferred into Faerlina with paid transfers, people started talking about server imbalance and foreseeing it get worse. Alliance started transferring off, amplifying the disparity in server balance. When it was around 65:35, free transfers to Faerlina opened up for a bunch of realms that were dying, and that pretty much sealed the deal. As horde came flooding in, the Alliance Exodus was upon us.

FWIW, that isn’t cherry picking. I didn’t take a particular thing you said and respond to that while ignoring everything else. I just didn’t have any idea what you meant, because it wasn’t obvious from the context of your reply (to me).

I agree, and not having server transfers was a major selling point for the fresh servers. “Fresh” is already not much of a thing anymore since the amount of people with great gear, epic flying, maxed professions, gold to spare is quite high (at least in my guild), so what else is there, other than being a server whose population cannot be affected by transfers?

I suspect this is a myth, or at least greatly over-emphasized. Sure gold buying is a thing, but if people are able to get multiple max-level characters with epic flying and dual spec within 2 weeks, then farming 15k+ gold isn’t that big of a deal.

I bet the prices of things on the AH on Skyfury, now that people are 70 with gold, maxed professions and they have gone up to adjust to the economy, are not much different from other servers.

Hard to say! Because we don’t have access to the infrastructure or codebase. Something along those lines would be a great solution, imo though… and I wish it was something they could do.

From what they have stated, it doesn’t seem like it’s doable on their end within the foreseeable future.