Open world/solo should reward scaled mystic ilvl raid

I agree, heck it takes 20 minutes just to check the mission table, round up your emissary quests, check your maps and decide what you are even going to do.

If you don’t have more than 20 minutes to play, don’t even bother logging in.

It costs nothing for ‘solo players’ (in an MMO) to do group content for the rewards they want.

WoW isn’t a solo player game.

No it isn’t. Which is why all the soloable item level rewards should be inferior to what is obtained from group content.

Even players who group for their upgrades may want to have something to do when there just isn’t time to find a group.

That’s the way it was for Seasons 1,2, and 3. Only Season 4 is the exception.

Or as they are trying to find one, but it just is not happening fast, I.E. decline after decline, no one signing up for theirs, etc.

Right, which is exactly how it is now.

There is all kinds of ‘something to do’ when there isn’t time to find a group. Further, if you only have 20 minutes to play, you’re playing the wrong game. Period. Those people are far more suited to the Mobile market than they are the MMO market (even one as casual friendly as WoW.) This isn’t even an argument. I must have missed the day where Blizzard said that WoW will be designed in such a way to accomodate every single type of gamer ever.

Season 4 works exactly like previous seasons.

Catch up gear is still inferior to M+, Arena, and Raiding gear-as it should be.

Incorrect

In Seasons 1, 2 and 3 there was always gear obtainable through solo play that was better than the gear obtainable through solo play from the previous season:

• Season 1: 213 ilevel from world quests
  • Season 2: 233 ilevel from Korthia
  • Season 3: 252 ilevel from Zareth Mortis for most slots, plus 246 and 236 for all remaining slots.
  • Season 4: NOTHING at all. No new solo gameplay rewards were added.

The result is players who primarily play solo and already got all possible solo gear upgrades from Season 3, now find there there is no content for them in Season 4.

It is clear that when it comes to solo gameplay, Season 4 does not work “exactly” like previous seasons.

What’s clear is that it works exactly like previous seasons. You can do catch up mechanics such as ZM for a base item level goal, then you can begin your journey in M+, Arena, and Raid for progression.

There is plenty of content for everyone. If people choose to ignore it, then they don’t gear up any further. It’s that simple. This is an MMO. ‘solo players’ are playing the wrong game, and they’re playing this game the wrong way if they want meaningful gear progression if they refuse to group.

WoW has been cheapened enough in the name of accomodation of players who aren’t interested in engaging with those of us who play WoW as it’s designed. It needs to stop. I couldn’t possibly care less if they quit and I hope they in fact do just that.

There aren’t enough of them to make a meaningful impact, and they weren’t going to interact with the playerbase in the first place, so their absence will not be noticed.

Anyone that thinks there is a right or wrong way to play an MMO is a fool. Different strokes for different folks. In fact, it comes across like an old “if you don’t play to win, don’t play at all” argument.

Correction, the way the current devs designed for the current time, no one says that a different team will change the style or the current ones won’t change their mind. In fact, I hope they do so you and your ilk get a taste of your own medicine, and when you complain about it, you get told to play the content designed for you instead of ruining content for others, maybe then you would realize some just want content designed for them, even if it is lesser in some way to other content.

Season 4 didn’t add “solo play” content, it’s the same content there was in Season 3, thus you have no need for new gear upgrades for solo play.

Your new casual end game is Keys if you want to partake in S4 stuff.

Anyone who thinks solo players will ever be recognized as a valid form of gameplay is lying to themselves.

Zone into an instance with a group, your sub allows it. You’re artificially limiting yourself. Why would Blizzard give you more content when you don’t do the content that is already available.

1 Like

I can see you refuse to acknowledge the point being made. Your obtuseness is noted and will not be addressed again. If you cannot understand that everyone should have opportunities to continue earning more things in new seasons, then you are merely an elitist and not worth the time. Every season has brought with it the opportunity for open world players to earn a normal item level of raids and to continue forward within a new season with upgraded content. They could have given upgraded content and an item level of 260 from such world quests or the cypher system for those players to do something. But you would rather create strawmans instead of understand that everyone should have content and goals.

Everyone can continue earning more things?
Just do the content.

Solo games do have down time eventually if you managed to beat everything at your disposal.
Solo games do not need you to open the game every day.
you are free to no play Solo games for weeks until by chance a new dlc or update is patched in.

if you want to play an MMO like a solo game feel free to do so.
but it comes with downsides.
Because the game wasn’t designed to be a solo game

You can beat everything solo if you use every content at your disposal.
Solo games provide strict solo content and give out rewards based on that type of game just enough you can beat every challenge either by overpower or by skill.

As WoW isn’t a solo game you are not doing all the the available content at your disposal. therefore you can’t complain to not be able to do every challenge solo.

Everyone has opportunities to continue earning more things.

Nothing has changed. You can still outgear normal SotFO without ever stepping foot in any group content.

Those players can also play the game the way it’s meant to be played to get the gear rewards they want.

There is no strawman. You are conflating fated normal to mean normal raid, and that’s not the case. It is it’s own thing. There should never be a situation when catch up mechanics such as ZM should parallel group content gear for any reason.

tl;dr

Do content
get gear

Everyone has an end point in terms of gear progression. Pretending that this isn’t the case is insane. Assigning me labels such as elitist (I’m not even good at this game so whatever) is going to accomplish nothing other than to make you feel better about the fact that you are never going to get gear that is even more outsize than it currently is for farming brainless trivial content.

No one who plays the game the way it’s meant to be played wants to farm boring, trivial content in order to keep their characters optimized. There is a subset of players who spends full time hours on this game who are completely intolerant to any sort of difficulty or social interaction in an MMO and feel as if they ‘deserve’ gear. They don’t.

The real casuals, the ones who log a few keys a night or raid one or two nights a week due to not having time to sink monstrous amounts of time into WoW are the ones who giving better rewards to ‘solo players’ is going to hurt.

Like, we don’t have time to raid, M+, arena and spend hours and hours farming world quests for gear just so you can gear up.

1 Like

These are dismissals towards the type of content being spoken of. If you can provide me with proof of open world questing zones that were turned Fated or new zones that were added, then you can make this argument. Until then, please kindly stop speaking.

Season 4 is if any a 0.5 season.
We didn’t get a new zone. No new mobs to fight no new quests.

There wasn’t any need for open world to provide an higher ilvl cap.

You can’t take the normal fated Variant as the new standard.

Normal SotFO is still at 255 overall, and Open world players can comfortably get there.

Again if you read my prev post.
If you want to play WoW as an Solo game you have to life with the consequences that you will not earn the highest possible ilvl.
And that there will be downtime as soon as you finished all the available solo content.
Just as there would be with any other Solo game.

But anyway. In here and the other thread about a war on solo players, I made the point of adding a new path in the vault for solo players… Or maybe a different source for a weekly gear reward just like the vault.

Something that will scale with patch weeks.
Starting at below LFR and after 12 weeks/3months ending their scaling at just below Mythic.
With this Solo players would have the option to get, depending on patch cycle 3+ pieces at higher ilvl

Edit: anyway it doesn’t matter because if you can trust the leaks there will be the pre-patch of DF that will award (drumroll) items up to 252 ilvl.

As I have said, these are dismissals and you do not deserve such respect if you are going to dismiss those who are not like us raiders. Good riddance to you.

Did you even read the rest of my post?

I think we’re missing a point here,wow quest gear can reach only a certain level where the area it was intended to be use is has a cut off til a next patch or higher content is presented as a challenge . To hurry things up a merged content is available if one choices to take that path but not all would because of other issues in a persons’ life.

It would be good to have one to bridge this gap ,which will happen soon ,it is the need to be patient about it .

Btw,what is mystic level gear?

That’s all well and good, because bad players who refuse to do content don’t deserve gear money matter how much they beg for it on the forums.

Choosing to ignore where gear rewards come from doesn’t mean you get to choose where they come from.

2 Likes

This is quite a stupid comment, considering those openworld players always have a gear path. This elitist and moronic mindset is why no one respects raiders like us. Keep your stupidity to yourself thank you. Goodnight.

Yeah, but only to enough gear to get them started with low difficulty PvE stuff.