Open World Scaling broken?

My level 77-78 DK, who is “okay geared,” was getting stomped by the regular silver rares today, while she was happily slowly but surely soloing them a day or two before.

I also noticed that the frilled silver rares (the real L80 ones) have LOWER health than the L78 rares now. ???

Is this another version of the scaling issue that has brought weirdness to delves?

In any event, I’ve never run into a situation where a typical leveling geared blood DK paying attention to mechanics would get pounded down by a regular level scaled silver rare (as in not a max level mini-world boss fringed rare).

Something’s just strange here.

You get weaker as you level up. That applies to all classes. That’s intended scaling. You’ll be at your weakest at level 79. A level 79 will do half the dps and have half the survivablity as a level 71. It’s a feature. Not a bug.

You need to start gearing up. Rares will become somewhat easy again once you get to about 570ilvl at level 80.

I knew something idiotic like this would be the first reply.

I mean, then you knew the answer all along I guess. :crazy_face:

I know what to expect from you, anyway.

/muted

lol wut? I just told you how the scaling works in the game. Not sure why you’re raging at me about it. I don’t like it either, but ok. Maybe redirect your anger to blizz who is the actual source of your issue???

Asks question. Gets answer. Goes off at the messenger. Me:

1 Like

Scaling in general feels like a mess right now.

Trying to level and gear a fresh 70ish warlock via dungeons, and it’s been awful. Can’t even buy greens off the AH to try and close the gear gap since greens are level 80 only. I don’t want to redo questing for gear, but I’m also slowly watching my toon level without any drops and consequently continue to get worse.

It’s getting to the point that I’m wondering why I’m even playing. I want the T2 mogs that are coming out in a month or so, but mate. I don’t think I’ve ever been this frustrated with the game, and I don’t want to stick around something just because of FOMO events.

I’m not enjoying this.

3 Likes

I don’t find that gear is that hard to come by but then again I’m not leveling in a hurry.

One source of gear I was using though was the … silver rares. After getting wrecked by two different ones, like, it was not even close, apparently that’s not going to happen right now.

But there’s plenty of gear from other places, e.g. treasures here and there, and you can always run follower instances or delves. Follower instances might be your best bet right now.

1 Like