Open World content has grown stale imo

Now we’re comparing two different things. Elites and rares are specifically designed to be tackled by multiple people. They’re not intended to be soloable. The mobs I’m talking about for example, are in the sniffen seeking event. Those will not kill you. So we’re stuck in a weird conundrum where the elites you need to kill for rep are not soloable, no one is grouping up trying to kill them, so you can’t earn the rep. Meanwhile, the regular mobs in the open world like in grand hunts are extremely easy to kill, even before season 1 released. So the actual gameplay loop is way too easy and unengaging.

So you gear yourself to the teeth and then expect world content to be challenging :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

They aren’t supposed to, they are supposed to be completable by everyone. Those same types of mobs never kill me in Classic either. Classic has slower movement and less mechanics. It’s not harder.

And anytime they raise the difficulty in the open world, everyone complains and then it’s nerfed. Anytime they get rid of world quests people don’t like that (like when they limited them to twice a week). But people also don’t want dailies. But some do want them. So they have to make things available for both.

That’s why I say if you like a certain type of content, seek that out. Open world has been and will be the same pretty much. You are better off asking for more renown in the content you do enjoy.

1 Like

You serious?

2 Likes

I’ve only played four expansions

Speak for yourself. I hate M+. I ran with my guildies when the guild was active, never liked it. Chaotic, never knew what was going on, felt like I was carried which I hated. It was just one big frustration.

The problem with some assumptions is ‘easy’ for some parts of the game is ‘easy’ if you are geared. If like me, you avoid the whole LFR/M+ play, your gear is purely what you can get in the open world. My main is currently i405. Some pieces more, some less than that number.

If the game went M+, that’s find if they were upfront, but I’d be looking for another game and saying ciao to WoW.

I like the Tuskar pot quest. Why? Because after a long day with 4 hours of commuting on top, I can relax and do something semi-mindless and can do it solo. I still get credit, I get rep and that’s fine with me.

I liked FR quite a bit and loved the vault there, it was fun, but while my tanks can fight some of the bosses, it’s a slog and a half solo.

ZC there’s no one going after the rares there and that one corner where you’re mobbed and tossed around like a pin-ball is just not fun.

The design there is just – odd. Little bits of interesting with no real reason to care about any of it and tons and tons of stuff cluttering up my bags.

1 Like

Yeah zaralek unfortunately died on arrival. By the time the season started nobody was there except to get to the raid entrance. The reward structure even for open world only players is pretty lackluster and the gameplay loop has grown stale.