Open World content has grown stale imo

They added a bunch of “new old content” that’s keeping me busy. Farming Zul’Gurub for old crafting patterns, getting into old Scholomance and farming that for mogs, to getting “attuned” to the new old Naxx with it’s crafting stuff has kept me and my alts busy all this week.

I hear ya that DF stuff gets stale, and when it does it’s nice to have some new old stuff to snuffle around in. It’s actually kept me quite amused in a game I’ve been drifting away from for some time.

It’s kinda nice seeing people crawling all over the old places that used to be deserted for years.

you don’t have to keep playing wow

2 Likes

I thought the atmosphere and questline was fairly well designed. I just completely stopped caring once I tried the super dull world quests and sniffen seeking once. It’s just another variation of point and click for lackluster rewards.

I just hate how annoying the Caverns are and how everything takes forever to die as they have way too much health. It’s why the Reach died after it was made irrelevant. Feel bad for those that wanted the mounts and the ring as the Wind Stone for the Ring is the best in the game for clearing old content. Free 522 Speed makes clearing old stuff a breeze as a fast class like Hunter.

Not sure how you did that, I leveled this character in adventure mode because the campaign is repetitive and when I hit 70, doing a few quests and mainly crafting and running dungeons, I was barely 3 or 4 renown for every factions.

It’s like they forgot to give you renown for crafting or running dungeons. Each dungeon clear should award a renown level for all 4 major factions, or else it feels like a grind.

1 Like

Still doesn’t address the issue. Easy doesn’t equate to fun.

Seems like they gave up after BfA (islands/warfronts) and SL (Torghast). I’d prefer new stuff, but it’s costly and the game is made on a bit of a budget nowadays.

The reach died in 10.1 because most people got what they wanted out of there and the catch up gear was no longer relevant. I don’t know if it was intended to be playable for very long, but the same reasons the reach died are the same reasons zaralek cavern has died. Zaralek has repeated the formula yet again and with very few rewards to match.

Not going to be an issue next expac when they streamline the experience based on player voting and feedback. Raids removed, renown/rep gains removed, pvp removed, pet battles removed and most of the other questing and open world stuff that no one does.

A pure M+ focus to streamline and bring the best of what the players want.

Blizzard could have saved the Reach by reducing the health and damage of all mobs and rares there. That way players can still get Keys, collect Transmogs, mount hunt, and the such.

Instead, Blizzard just let it die.

1 Like

I joined when SL was on its upswing in 9.2. Zereth Mortis was cool the first or second time but omg hearing people talk about how that has been the formula since MOP. Clearly there has not been much effort put into shaking the ‘open world’ aspect of the formula.

The best way they did shake it up was with PvP in BfA IMO.

Constructive criticism isn’t calling for outright removal of a system. It’s seeing the potential and pointing out how it could be better. The world building is phenomenal, but it’s a shame to see that talent and resources and efforts go to waste on events or content that die within just a few weeks because there is so little reason to engage with it.

1 Like

Would help with renown if the weekly world boss kill gave you some renown like they did in SL.

2 Likes

Easy - it’s not.

M+ is the only reason anyone plays the game. Once they remove all the other stuff and streamline for a high quality M+ only gameplay the subs will come back in droves.

I did the initial questing/campaign and every side quest on my main, did dailies and hunts and the soup event. 3 weeks after launch i was max with initial 4. Once you hit max on one character your alts get bonus renown up to level 20. All the little tokens you get from doing hunts, picking up backpacks, digging dirt, and the weekly ading the accord renown items become account bound and you can mail them to the alt. Alt pops them all for like 300% rep. If you did it during the wind of sanctuary event it was even more renown. And Darkmoon faire. The Niffen give you a ton of renown items as you do their quests, and again once you hit max with them you can mail any tokens to alts who again get bonus renown due to main being max. Winds of Santuary didn’t work for Niffen, but DMF did. Easy.

Disturbed dirt :crazy_face:

Well, the game is a bit of a glorified lobby game with a side story nowadays, for better or worse depending on your persuasion.

Both have certain situations especially with elites that if you aren’t a tank and take on too many at a time, you will die. I’ve played Classic. It’s not hard.

Again, the more challenging options always were and still are in instances.