Open Question: An Alternative to Queues?

I’m not strongly in either camp, though I’ve seen my raids get delayed due to server queues. I personally think that the lowest pop faction of that server should not have to deal with the queues unless there’s more of them online than the opposing faction. It would encourage the overpopulated faction to consider swapping in that situation, rather than making an already punished faction, get even more penalitalized by the other faction.

1 Like

Yes. Layer, or transfer offs. As far as exploits of herbs and mines. Fix that too. We all want it. Fix it pls.

I wish there to be no layering. Layering will ruin the world bosses and economy of the server.

2 Likes

please add back layer for this special period. 5 hour queue is not tolerable

1 Like

Yes. The economy is already inflated by mages farming instances not to mention the bots.

Layering the Sequel April 15th 2020

Don’t allow multi-boxing during peak hours.

I’m in the same boat on whitemane, except we raid at 8pm. Our raiders have to be in que by 2-3pm or we wont be in by raid time. Thats sometimes a 6 HOUR que. Every week. And a lot of times we have to start late cause people almost through que but not yet so we end up having to raid 2 nights instead of normal 1 for BWL/Mc/Ony.

Even more content just got announced for tomorrows release yet still no response on the choice on this.

I feel like layering will kill not only the market aspect of the game but the community aspect of the game. Isn’t the point of a MMO to be a Massive Multiplayer Online experience. How can the experience be Massive Multiplayer if the server is split into two maybe three different layers. The community aspect of WoW Classic is very important to the integrity of the game. I can’t tell you have much i love being able to walk into a zone and see other people actively questing or enjoying the game. Don’t even get me started on capital cities. It feels like the world is actually populated. I, myself, don’t mind the queue times. I put up a video in my second monitor or sit down to talk with some friends while i wait for the queue to pop. Even now, what do people have to do outside of their homes? Literally nothing. So it is not far fetched for someone to put up the queue when they want to play and wait a bit for it to pop. If raiders want people their teams to make it to raids, maybe they should have people join earlier to get passed the queue in time for the raid or delay the raid for a little bit. In all it is just a game that can be played most any time. In all. I believe that layering will kill a large bit of the community. It would be more worthwhile to upgrade the cap of these servers and to allow more people into the world rather than splitting it apart.

NO!!! Layering is garbage, I play on Whitemane with 3-4+ hour Q and I rather wait in that than bring layering back in ANY capacity. It ruined the game.

Just please upgrade your hardware and just increase the caps and let players play. How did crappy 3rd party private servers that didn’t have millions of dollars make it happen and not you guys?!

2 Likes

Please do layering ASAP, getting home from work and waiting 3-4 hours to get in. And then only playing for 30ish minutes is rough.

If you’re for layering, why not go play Retail?

The biggest staples of the retail experience are- LFD/LFR for instances, merc mode/warmode for pvp, and layering for world content.

And here you all are, basically asking for the most horrendous retail thing they came up with to be shoved back into Classic, even after we already saw how horrible and non-Vanilla it is at launch.

So why not get LFD/LFR in, I’m sure people on some servers are waiting just as long to find pug dungeons/raids.

Why not put in merc mode for Horde to have no queues, and warmode so Alliance can just turn wpvp off on a whim regardless of server?

For all the unexpected failure Blizz has managed in a game that really they could have simply gave it to us untouched and it’d be fine, they were right about one thing.

You think you do, but you don’t.

They were right about this community, and this thread proves it beyond a doubt.

1 Like

No. I want blizzard to:
-Enforce the anti-bot policy
-boot off 39 of these 40 multiboxers
-take these people that haven’t played in 6 months that suddenly returned and force them to transfer to a non-full server

After doing the basics first, then we can consider re-adding layering. For which I would argue that there should just be city servers much like there are battleground servers and raid servers.

2 Likes

I am against this.

Cause this will bring back were people wants to layer hopping just to get too the greener side, back and forth.

Competition on the world? ‘’ Layer please! ‘’

Mob is not up? ‘’ Layer please! ‘’

Any inconvenience at all. ‘’ Layer please! ‘’

Changing the world around you because you don’t like it and instead of find a workaround is pretty superficial game play.

Sure maybe not fun experience all the time but that was a vanilla experience.

I do not want too see people spamming for layer request, nor see people suddenly disappear from my screen. That is just not right for classic.

Like there will be a guarantee of players that will take full advantage, jump to next layer to get more specific herb that cost lots of gold on AH.

And apparently for some reason multi-boxing is way more popular than it used too and it takes que space, do not really see a point of it unless wants to drain the wallet - but if we cant limit that least opt the accounts in same login timer if there IPS are the same.

And we have lots of bots in game, that is so unacceptable and bringing layering wont make them go away, they are not playing the game and just taking space for real players.

Do not bring more retail elements like these too classic please.

But that is my opinion, if the majority really wants layering then there is not much i can do about it. :man_shrugging:

So happy Layering is coming!!! Hopefully tomorrow before ZG or queues will be 10k+

1 Like

In the end, many people are unable to play due to queues. This is the worst possible experience, as you are not even in the game. Therefore, for the majority of people, actually being able to log in and play with friends in the World of Warcraft is a step up from this. If layering is the solution, so be it.

2 Likes

Queue on Whitemane was less than 2 hours at 8pm on Tuesday.

No changes needed.

Please add layering so I’m able to play! All the people who aren’t for layering are going to pay the subscription anyways because they don’t play any other game.

That’s not true. I queued around 9pm and it was a 4hr queue. Bring back layering!