OOTL - Why are people hating on Covenants?

Better at following what other people tell them to do. Or what their addons tell them to do.

3 Likes

Not eating dirt after standing in fire outputing more damage with the same gear due to optimizing rotation and uptime but really the first one is the most important thing. If you give me 20 raiders who will only ever parse green but will never die to an avoidable mechanic you could easily make top 500 with that.

3 Likes

You know if addons make the game so easy why is it that certain people still eat dirt consistently while using addons thinking …

4 Likes

Exactly. Like Covenants would make a difference in that.

You got it. That is the difference between me and you.

Addons and “someone” telling me what to do

1 Like

Here we go again. Grab your popcorns cause it’s time for another Thunderdome. Two nerds enter, one nerd leaves.

4 Likes

Not necessarily.

I want to use Flayed Shot, the Venthyr ability. It’s super fun, a DoT that procs Kill Shot regardless of health.

Flayed Shot is single target though, and all the other abilities are AoE. If I want to do my best in any kind of content, regardless of the level, other than raids, I am gimping myself by choosing it. On top of that, I hate everything about the Venthyr other than the abilities. I hate the sanctum, I hate the weekly event, I hate the transmog, I hate the whole edgelord vampire aesthetic.

4 Likes

Not really. Some of us just don’t like the idea of getting four new spells and being time gated into changing between them.

1 Like

I guess you are going to tell me you don’t use icyveins to figure out your spec, and have an addon that tells you when or how to react? Maybe even one that tells you when to use what optimal skill?

Okay here is the reason I care about covenants and think the system as designed is stupid. They should be our level 55 and 60 talent rows and I’m sick of constantly having borrowed power systems that take a full expansion to get semi reasonable and then are yanked out for the next expac. Legendary and artifacts sucked for a good 2/3rds of legion. Then once a system was in place to make them not suck they were pulled out of the game. Same thing with azerite and a too a lesser extent essences. Corruption was always going to suck because passive damage sources largely beat stat stacking thereby reducing skill input.

5 Likes

I think it’s two big things. Player power is being tied behind mutually exclusive factions in a way that will complicate playing multiple specs or parts of the game on one character, and there’s also a lot of cynicism regarding Blizzard’s ability to balance that player power.

1 Like

Ah, so I assume you picked Worgen due to the 1% reduced shadow damage. Smart. I mean, you do want to play your best.

Yeah, the realization sets in huh.

1. No why in the world would I?
  2. I have DBM
  3. No I don’t use a rotation helper rofl their output is usually capped between 60 and 70 level of parsing with bis and they don’t account for changes in the fight like an actual person can

I don’t know what to tell you about that, If you hate that so much you hated Vanilla too. Legendaries have always became useless in the next expansion. I don’t really remember many people running around with thunderfury in TBC.

Total lie. Go back in time and look up ‘Faction disparity in progression raiding’.

We all sucked at the game in vanilla. A single legendary isn’t an issue yes it warps the meta but it’s a single defined work towards goal with ateish fangs valy and tarec being good examples. The legion system of random drops ala diablo was freaking awful.

No, I picked Worgen due to the 1% crit and Darkflight racial, back in Cataclysm, when I race changed from Night Elf.

Also I like Worgen aesthetically and thematically, so it’s a win win.

Because forums.

But what about the situations where other racials are better? You want to play your BEST. That was the main point. Doesn’t matter aesthetics, you want BEST.

In your own words, you would be gimping yourself.

1 Like

For very specific fights specifically for tot in mop and kj in wod. Right now they are largely equal but faction switching is expensive and most top level guilds have five plus characters per person on horde so unless there is incentive to switch they won’t. The faction disparity now has hit a tipping point which there is basically no coming back from.