OOTL - Why are people hating on Covenants?

It is a mix of players supporting covenants. The players that do multiple forms of high level end game content are the ones generally against. They can not wrap their heads around doing content in which they are not optimal. This expansion is shaping up to be interesting in how the community will react.

That lines up with 9.3, where Blizzard will try to correct the bad system bleed. At which point AOC will be out and it will be too late.

Its not them not wanting to not be optimal, I mean it kind of is, however wanting to be optimal is a Basic Human Desire.

However its more, they want to get into groups of which the group leaders want to complete, not waste time. So they will take the most optimized, as the GAME is designed to be done by the most optimized. Its human nature again to take the path of least Resistance, an thats what RIO, Ilvl checking, and now Covenant checking do.

When people are constantly denied of groups, As is evidenced by the couple friends we brought back from classic. They will leave.

The majority of the playerbase, is not a Diehard wow player. Push them around enough and they will go find something else.

People that want to compete in multiple areas of the game will be at a disadvantage compared to those who don’t, all for the sake of vague mumbo jumbo like “rpg elements” which WoW has been just fine without.

4 Likes

So i cant pve and pvp on the same character?

1 Like

Because I should not have to grind out my abilities for 3/4th of the expansion to get my character to play the way it should.

Thats where the real rock and a hardspot comes.

As we still have to PVE for gear to PVP in SL. The vendors were meme.

Will we be able to find them in Shadowlands?

because ppl are tired of borrowed powers significantly influencing their spec, they just want the actual class and class abilities to do damage

Yep you can find them Memeing you.

With their Amazing Selection of gear, complete with 2 Pieces of Haste Vers, 2 Pieces of Haste Mastery, and 18 pieces with Crit major. Literally 3/4 of the gear, and EVERY SINGLE Weapon has Crit Major.

Its time to PVP for PVE gear, and PVE for PVP gear bois!

Based on your comment I assume you support those boundaries. But do not pretend that you also do not want it all. You want rpg systems tied to player power at the cost of the rpg power progression fantasies of others. Take yourself off that pedistle please.

don’t worry bro, blizz will give us haste/vers pvp pieces! but they’ll rating lock the high ilvl items behind 2.4 making them unobtainable to 99% of the arena playerbase because blizzard thinks +15s and 2400 arena are equivalent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Umm, that is bloat. Add add add… when does it end? When a class needs 63 keybinds?

Borrowed power is a necessary evil.

The problem is Blizzard uses borrowed power as a crutch to hold up lazy and unfinished core class design.

1 Like

a single new button an expansion isn’t bloat

The amount of people being denied groups will go down.

Not everyone can afford to take their class’s M+ covenant. There are players who prioritize raids, or arenas, and will pick to optimize there instead. These sub-ops will still need groups. Naturally, they can all play together. Because the M+ builds will be playing with other M+ players. Raiders and arena junkies are not bad at the game, and will still be able to push up to +15. Maybe not +20, but they can all still play together. It will all balance out.

TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, BfA, SL. That’s 8 new buttons. That is bloat. 10.0 then brings it to 9. More bloat. Yes, that’s all bloat. I’m sorry, but your system isn’t sustainable. UNLESS there are multiple builds which only need a few of these buttons. THAT might not be the worst.

1 Like

Because the system is needlessly punishing.

I elaborate here:

1 Like

They’re adding another piece to discriminate against.

Denials are going to go up in Shadowlands, not down.

5 Likes

“instant gratification” = elitist players wanting to be able to change covenants on a whim so they can min max for all content without consequences.

They dont want to have to work at changing covenants so they can be optimized for different content.

Honestly, only the people pushing world firsts should even be worrying about that level of optimization. Covenants are not going to have that big of an impact on performance when all is said and done.

Boi lmaooooooo

1 Like