Onyx Annulet Changes

We want to give everyone a heads-up on the upcoming changes to the Onyx Annulet, and its Primordial Stones, so that you can best prepare for the Fractures in Time update.

• Onyx Annulet - Primordial Stones that deal damage now deal 40% less damage.

We are lowering the effectiveness of all Primordial Stones that deal damage by 40% to increase the amount of gearing options for players going forward. We will be compensating specific specializations for this damage loss, and we have listed the current details in the PTR notes here.

To compensate healers for this damage decrease, we are also increasing their baseline damage in Fractures in Time. Additionally, we are reducing the effectiveness of damage contribution to healing spells to preserve similar healing outputs. This will result in an overall increase in healer damage in situations where the Onyx Annulet is not utilized, but we feel there is room for healer damage to increase in this space without overly incentivizing offensive play.

13 Likes

Will my Holy Priest continue to use theirs for the healing stones?

7 Likes
  • Ghouls summoned by Raise Dead now inherit 85% of the Death Knight’s health (was 50%).
    thats going to be a beefy pet with a high hp pool lol
5 Likes

Sounds really stupid. Just admit you guys messed up and made them better than you intended.

25 Likes

I mean, I never really used mine anyway, but if it’s worth it for some then that’s fine.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I and the person next to me who no longer plays are amused.

7 Likes

THANK YOU. This is so STUPID it was allowed to go into 10.1 as a BIS ring above 447s. Whatever happened to “no more borrowed power”? This ring was borrowed power into 10.1.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what they did.

4 Likes

Oh thank god blood dks get 8% damage boost, that’ll 100% make up for it

Wait? It won’t even be close to making up to it? Our garbage damage will be even worse?

This is actually a joke, like hire some devs who actually play the game maybe instead of the people throwing darts at a board who fail constantly

9 Likes

They were meant to be powerful, though.

2 Likes

That isn’t what he said.

Only for the remainder of 10.0, it was supposed to be irrelevant in 10.1 Clearly they messed up.

3 Likes

ok, and what about the Eranog ring?

8 Likes

Bad change.

Don’t touch the eranog ring.

3 Likes

Where is compensation for hunters for loss of damage? Hunters are already the only pure DPS that has all 3 specs dead last at bottom of DPS charts. And now you nerf class even further…

10 Likes

It’s mathematicians they need on that task.

2 Likes

Ragemode is that you

11 Likes

2% TO WW WITH NO FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. WE DID IT BOYS. MEANWHILE 7% for BREWMASTER AND MORE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13 Likes

Sure can’t wait for my 5% ability compensation buff that ends up actually only being a 1% dps increase. Fractures of Time is a great name for a patch because apparently I have to find a way into the next expansion and bring back a ring with me.

15 Likes