Only running 20 fps

alright this got wierder. after installing windows 7, all 200ish updates for it, the game is running at 30fps now outside. but. With the resolution scale all of the way down, that isnt making a difference whatsoever. I even went as far as to get out of fullscreen and make the window as small as possible WITH the resolution scale to its minimum and, yes, where I could not actually see the number of fps I was getting because it was so small, I could tell that it was still running like hot garbage

Did you check the temps? Your hardware may be throttling back hard because of heat issues. Misinstalled/bad memory could be a problem too.

Yo still haven’t answered what your “3.5ghz cpu” is.

If that thing is a core 2 duo or older, it will run this game like trash. If it was put together the same time the 5770 was released, it probably is a core 2 duo. If you are making it as small as possible and still getting bad performance, you have a CPU bottleneck, or as said above, something is overheating.

All ghz aren’t created equal. Your 2.3 ghz laptop, which is a 7th gen intel CPU, is easily 2-6x as fast as a cpu from 2009(when the 5770 was released), especially if that 2.3 boosts to 3.0ghz+ when not under heavy load.

We need more information if you want help. But if my theory is correct, and your desktop is as old as that GPU, you need to upgrade you platform to get good performance.

Device manager says its a AMD FX™ -6300 Six-Core Processor

running at 140 degrees (F). That aint good

while in the bios i went to the cpu utilization section and noticed that my cpu fan was running right around 4600rpm. it shouldn’t be getting that hot.
But like I said it runs Rainbow Six Siege perfectly fine, Witcher 1,2,3 fine.
I’ve noticed in WoW that when i look at the ground my fps spikes up. being in storm wind is pretty good. I think it could be like the mountains way in the distance or the fog or something
is there a way to completely disable those in the config.wtf ?

My guess: open System, Advanced settings tab and manually select your GPU. This will prevent WoW from automatically selecting the integrated GPU.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s an old FX processor. Likely just a CPU bottleneck.

@Koro
Do you think that an AMD Athlon 64 X2 might work better. Just kinda took it out of a different computer.

EDIT: Now that i think about that, that will most likely not work at all