Only a 800 conq cap this week?

where? how?

Why improve things when you could just… not; and then tell people to quit.

I don’t think he flamed anyone, but critical thinking may not be his strong suit.

Edit: Perhaps you meant me, though. I accused him of being obtuse, which he appears to be, and then just now questioned his critical thinking skills. I stand by it.

why would you think they would overhaul the gearing system now??? and he says critical thinking is not my strong suit lol.

They are improving things… in DF.

Seems like they are trying to support pve peeps by dragging out the season since it’s the last one. It’s pretty much the same gear as last season so why is there a cap? lol

No overhaul needed, my good sir. Just change the PvP ilvl database entry for all Season 4 Aspirant gear to 291 and Gladiator gear to 311. Fixed!

So, no upgrade levels on gear? or that would mean less ranks on gear? Just honor gear 291 and gladiator gear 311? But how would that affect the ilvl of the gear outside of PvP situations? since that is a thing. That would be an overhaul of the current system lol. While I agree it would be nice, it wont happen in SL.

So experimental, so experimenting

at least then, maybe my non-PvP iLvl will be high enough to get into any of this PvE these pro-cap players expect me to spam.

i for one, hate M+ timers and am too incompetant for heroic/mythic raid.

are you going to let me pug your heroic fated, at 272? even if you might, most will not.

same for M+ of any useful level.

i would take 291 honor and 311 conquest, even at this rate. but as it is currently, this is ridiculous.

I agree, the gearing is disgusting. I just look at things realistically and who thought anything would change for pretty much what is an extended season 3.

Thought I read increased cap for 4 weeks then no cap? 800 seems normal to me or am I wrong?

Clearly you misunderstood my post, I was in agreement with your thread, but go ahead with the insults.

The person I replied to said your concern was a non-issue as it simply stops new players from getting dunked on by people who spammed for conquest points.

I said that was irrelevant as PvP gear is the same as PvE gear, so people who spam M+ will still have that advantage and dunk on PvP players who are gated from gear anyway.

:man_shrugging:

Wouldn’t be surprised at all to learn it was just an oversight on Blizzard’s end, and they just rolled over the same constraints on initial conquest gain from last season…because what devs actually pay attention to anything pvp related?

1 Like

im not talking about you im talking about the blatant monk troll who posts on the gen forums 24/7

1 Like

Think after 1st week the past few seasons cap was 550 conquest a week. They should at least brought the cap this season to 1k-1200 if they weren’t going to get rid of the cap.

Fair but you did link my post.

Counter point. Not everyone plays the game everyday or every week. When they do get time to play, it’s nice to be able to progress as much as possible.

That said, I think a balance needs to be struck. Given the amount of work that it takes to upgrade gear, getting your conquest is really just the start. Most of your time is farming honor or doing games to increase your rating. Conquest ends up being secondary and an annoying bottleneck to progress.

3 Likes

Smaller cap seems like it would spread the ratings out faster though. If the higher rated players all got their duelist weapons, theyll advance faster, leaving lower rated players a better chance at climbing? Kind of makes sense in a shorter season

Yeah Blizz wtf kind of nonsense is this? Drip feeding PvPers again while PvErs get everything they want out of the gate.

Drip feed helps maintain the integrity of competition so that sweaty losers who have literally no life can’t spam Q and out gear everyone that has other things to do with their lives in 5 seconds.

Drip feed has been removed from PvE this season becasue there is no competition; no race to world first.

What race? Glad? 3k? Who cares. The same groups of people are going to get the same rating regardless of gear. Just now I have no reason to log in yet again.

1 Like