Only a 800 conq cap this week?

desperate attempt to kill off the remaining pvpers

1 Like

maybe it’s an “experiment” to see how much poop they can put in our mouths before we stop eating it.

10 Likes

Gear is not a reason a person is stuck in the 1600 bracket. There being no cap doesn’t make the game more difficult for anyone.

If you take a serious 5 minutes thinking about the parameters surrounding PvE(Mythic+) vs PvP you’ll see how different they are, especially when considering the rest of the playerbase. Pushing keys is directly related to iLvl. This is PvE by design. There being a large variance in power level between the player population in PvE barely hinders my experience to enjoy the content. The Mythic+ system is almost perfected at this point.

PvP is the exact opposite. If everyone gears at a similar cadence, the playing field is more leveled and there are less oppressive issues due to ilvl variances since the experience is player to player instead of player to environment. I will admit, vault RNG needs to be looked at and the cap could be tweaked slightly. The PvP pillar has come a LONG way and there are so much room for improvements that Blizzard actually HAS been making.

I know this is hard for some of the no-lifers here to acknowledge, but speaking for the people that actually enjoy playing the game at a healthy pace: logging in at the end of the 1st or 2nd week of arena/rbgs wouldn’t be the most enjoyable experience if you’re getting your gonads shoved up through your body and out your mouth after spending days grinding the honor gear, due to the fact that the worst offenders have outpaced you with [upgraded] conquest gear. The experience becomes impaired and affects the entire Pillar as population and participation decrease at the lower levels.

1 Like

Trust me, if there wasn’t a cap on conquest 1000000000000% every single one of you would be in here blaming your 25% win rate @ 1300 on “hOlY cRaP thEseE PlaYeRS DoNT lOg OFf AnD HaVE ALl ThIS gEAR”.

Conquest cap is good, otherwise you’d have some people with 315 gear and you’d be whining all day long. PvE and PvP really have nothing to do with each other so who cares if they are decked out.

And before you say they’re slaughtering you in arena…like 1/50 games you’ll see someone with PvE gear @ 300 ilvl crush you and most of the time they have no vers even if they do. These situations are so few and far between and won’t be an issue at all in 3 weeks so everybody please just relax with the we need something to constantly complain about train.

There are zero things wrong with the conq cap other than just annoying the part of you that wants to be in a rush to be fully geared. It’s not negatively effecting your ability to play the game at any level, I promise you.

Stop spilling BS, if someone is max geared then you wouldn’t be facing them. While I agree carries are annoying most people are not hitting 2.1 getting full geared then tanking to 1400cr just to face you. Stop it.

Yes you will face some people doing carries, maybe helping friends etc but its definitely not so frequent to where you can’t progress.

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion. We’re aware that R1 gladiators can hit Rival in greens with certain comps. This has yet to be actually demonstrated with all players in greens, but I’m sure it’s true. This may be a fun YouTube series to make.

In the real world, not everyone is a R1 gladiator, and finds it difficult to overcome a massive health/damage deficit to outplay Timmy the Marksman who knows how to Double Tap Aimed Shot the guy with 60k health. Timmy only plays hunter. Timmy stayed up 43 hours straight to 50/50 his way at 1800 MMR to a full set of Rival gear. Timmy is realizing that isn’t working so well as the general population is slowly improving their resistance to 1-shots. Timmy is on his way to being a 1400 gatekeeper to fresh alts.

Force Timmy to git gud by making it so those fresh alts aren’t simply fodder to his 1-shots.

Having a cap in place does help with this, since Timmy can’t brute force his way to a massive gear advantage.

Every time topics like this come up, there’s some derp who chimes in with “gear isn’t keeping you from climbing” but what most of you fail to realize is that in a theoretical universe where everyone is as skilled as a Whazz or Raiku, there must still be a bell curve. Half of the population is still going to be hardstuck at 1600 if for no other reason than they consistently roll natural 1s during cooldowns or whatever.

The reason there were so many S2 glads isn’t because everyone just got gud, it’s because the bell curve was spread between 0-3800 instead of 0-3200.

This is kind of the point. Drops from easily puggable pve content are approximately equal in power to rival level content in pvp. +15 vault drops are still BiS in pvp in a lot of cases (to the point of not wanting to use vault options on pvp gear) While rating is still deflated at the beginning of the season, you are at a disadvantage by not spamming m+ for gear, because others that you are playing against are.

I don’t have the time to no life this game or am I a R1 glad and play strictly through LFG. Gear is not the reason most people can’t climb. Tbh it’s game/class knowledge.

When you hit a rank, farm the honor upgrade your gear and then continue on. That gear is good enough for you to hit your next rank. You dont have to be a R1 glad to get to duelist. If you dont get duelist it’s because of you straight up. Not comp, not gear nothing, it’s because of you not willing to improve on what you’re doing wrong. Instead you prefer to find any excuse you can.

2 Likes

I never mentioned carries once. This goes beyond rated pvp, I don’t know why that is so hard to comprehend.

And by the way, you climb rating a hell of a lot faster than you gear. If there is no cap, depending on when you decide to climb in a season you will 100% be gatekept from climbing any further at one point or another since you need to catch up in gear to those who have been no-lifing it 6 hours a day from the start.

I think both are true. Being in all last season gear didn’t stop me from climbing last week, and it felt easy until about 1900mmr where everyone is glad and also higher ilevel. Whether you’re a repeat rival, duelist, glad, whatever - gearing through pvp at the beginning of the season just feels worse than PvE. It feels like one is an open fountain and the other has a gate. The gear itself is already itemized poorly for PvE and has an ilevel separator. Not like it would be any worse for PvErs if it was as open.

I’m just really excited for next weeks 400 cap.

6 Likes

You apparently didn’t have enough time to read the post, either.

Right now a 2v2 Duelist is in the top 350 of all players on the US ladder. In 3v3, being a duelist means you’re top 400.

Blizzard expands the curve over time. If conquest were uncapped, there would be a lot of people in full gear and casual players who do eventually hit duelist as the curve expands throughout the season would be getting rocked by people with 311 ilevel and find themselves “hardstuck” at 1200 rating. Legit hardstuck. Because normally they hit duelist by the end of the season and have a 50/50 winrate vs other equally (full) geared duelists. Well right now they’re fighting not only those other duelists, but also people less skilled than they are but with 30 more ilevel. They may be able to “git gud” and overcome some of that deficit, but they sure as hell aren’t going to suddenly break into the top 400 because Bigsimba called them a loser.

I read your post, I just don’t agree that people in lower brackets are facing max geared players at a rate that’s causing a roadblock. If you q’d 15 arena games at 1400-1950cr, you aren’t facing little “double tap aim shot timmy” every game. You can progress.

If you upgrade your gear at every rank before you continue to queue, the gear is good enough. Don’t queue 1800 games in challenger 1 gear.

I’m here to arena, not afk in Epic battlegrounds.

Are you always this obtuse?

Fear not! Dragonflight will fix it.

Yes I agree the gearing process sucks

You absolutely can progress. If there was a gate on valor or how many weekly dungeon drops you were allowed to get, you could also make the same argument to how the m+ player could still enjoy that content plenty well if they just focused on improving instead of complaining about gear. Look at someone who did 10 15s last week and someone who did 100 games to rival. The amount of upgrades the pve player has vs pvp will be different. I don’t understand why we have to insult each other to acknowledge that one is slower and feels worse than the other.

Ive been chirping at them twitter since the start of the season. The in absolutely no reason for a conquest cap.

I agree the gearing process is trash with all these ranks and upgrades etc. But it is what we have right now. There shouldn’t be a conquest cap because people like you don’t want to play the game how it’s designed right now. Fully upgrade your 1600 gear to 301 ilvl and you won’t have an issue climbing. But if you get your unranked 275 and dont want to do BGs/solo shuffle etc to upgrade then just quit until DF.

I didn’t insult anyone

You flamed that other guy pretty hard