Only 2 things left

Confirming sharding and a release date

2 Likes

Confirming sharding in low level zones or throughout?

They’ll be the same post.

“Launch Plans for Classic”

10 Likes

Why? Sharding was in 1.12? They are bringing only 1.12 things for classic.

and How, or not at all.

I know it’s taboo to say around here, but honestly i don’t care about sharding if it is limited to just the starting areas or maybe the second zone people move into, especially the first week of release. In fact, i think it is a good change in that regard.

My only concern is later on when mats like lotus and devilsaur hide, or world pvp.

As for release date, the sooner the better! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I foresee sharding in Elwynn and Westfall for example, but not in the main cities or higher level zones

1 Like

Most likely they will simply put sharding into the game for a short duration maybe two or three weeks. Putting it only in specific zones sounds like a massive issue when hundreds of people zone into Westfall or the Barrens in a short time.

Sharding is confirmed. As much as I would love to know the specifics, they’re going to stay quiet on this. If we’re lucky, they may address it closer to beta/launch. Cuz, you know… it’s not like we’re going to burn down the forums and threaten to not sub, or anything like that, right?

I just have a bad feeling it’s going to go well beyond the starting areas.

Much like 4 phases or loot trading in dungeons being confirmed? They’ve said multiple times that they were thinking about it, with a long period of silence on the subject. At the moment, no-one knows what they are going to do, so please don’t mislead others into thinking that anything is confirmed.

1 Like

Is that a troll or are you just confused?

1 Like

Why though… what benefit would it serve them to actively piss off 90% of their player base while simultaneously flipping the dynamic of zone competition and realm community on its a**? That doesn’t sound like the type of communication we have been getting, if anything it appears they want to maintain server identity.

1 Like

I am serious:

They are are bringing all things from 1.12

Shading was not in 1.12

No sharding confirmed.

I guarantee you there will be sharding at least in starting areas.

Extremists think if they shard the starting area we will have cross server sharding making you feel constantly alone.
That is not the case.

You will appreciate the early sharding so that you can play.

2 Likes

I chose to consider it as missing the /s at the end. “They are taking 1.12 for all things” has been the troll shut down for AV and progressive itemization.

I don’t mind a few days with high queues. I’ve waited for over a decade for this; I can wait a day or two for the queues to settle down. Sharding is a solution for the terminally impatient, and thus we don’t need it.

1 Like

Last I checked, Blizzard had not made any official announcement about reversing their decision in regards to sharding. We may not know the specifics, but we know it will exist in some capacity. I don’t like it, but it is what it is until they say otherwise.

As far as loot trading goes, they did reverse their decision (mostly) to remove loot trading, and they did this in an official capacity.

I’m not misleading anyone, I’m just going with what has been stated.

Ah is this… i did write wrong, english don’t are my first lang and… has some strange rules for me.

Didn’t see the ? At the end haha

1 Like

8.2 will prob launch late June-early July. I bet the earliest you will see Classic is a month after 8.2.