One video shows how broken this game is

You are literally on fire, on the forums today!

2004 was not 1.12. Patch 1.12 was 2006. You shouldn’t compare Classic to Vanilla launch. That is a mistake many people keep making.

Where did they say this?

How are people thinking this is about hunters soloing DM?

Serious question. Why would you even bring that up?

Yeah, these bugs were not in vanilla. They’re trying to emulate how it worked back then and they’ve totally failed.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

Batching is a Cancer that is ruining the game, at least Blizzards modern implementation of it. I personally know 3 people who were way more hyped for the launch of Classic than I was and quit after 2 weeks because of a combination of layering and all the problems this emulated lag is causing. I’m really glad Blizzard released Classic and I’ll happily pay for the ability to play but it gets disheartening to pay to play on a server with as many or more bugs than a third rate private server would have. Come on Blizzard fix this game it’s really an embarrassment for a multi million dollar company to release something like this.

1 Like

It’s not hard to find. Go to the big forums. They had a very long post regarding what people were calling “bugs” in classic that weren’t actual bugs. Instead it was certain aspects in vanilla that existed that were fixed in later expansions.

If things aren’t bugs then they’re intended to be part of the game. If they are bugs they aren’t intentional. That’s the definition of bugs.

Mistaking something for a bug doesn’t make it a bug. Of course they’re not going to fix things that aren’t bugs. Nowhere did they say they had no intention of fixing bugs.

Is there anything you don’t b**** about nonstop? Asking for a friend.

Feels like your possibly a bit slow on understanding all of this. People reported “bugs” in beta for classic. Turns out those weren’t actually considered “bugs” in vanilla or if they were they weren’t fixed until later expansions. They left those “bugs” or “specific features” in the current version of classic because they wanted the game to feel as close to vanilla as possible. Not sure how much easier I can post it to make you understand. One sec maybe I can find some crayons around here.

FYI, there are TONS of bugs in Classic. Actual, unintentional bugs. Some of these bugs have been address by Blizzard as in “we’re working on it.” Some have already been fixed. Others languish in the no man’s land of no comments at all.

If something isn’t a bug, it isn’t a bug. There’s a world of difference between saying something isn’t a bug and saying they aren’t going to fix bugs.

There were bugs in Vanilla, such as the loot bug and wall jumping, that have been fixed. Claiming that “blizzard already stated they aren’t fixing those bugs” is simply not true.

Sorry I couldn’t find any crayons in my vehicle. I’ll get back to you later. Maybe we can cut up some construction paper, break out some glue sticks, and work this out in a way you can understand.

Nothing to understand. You made up something and got called on it.

Just one example: Wall jumping bug - fixed

Wall jumping was possible all through Vanilla. It’s not in Classic though, is it? So . . .

“blizzard already stated they aren’t fixing those bugs”

. . . is simply not true, is it? No. Of course it isn’t.

Why are you saying anything? My post obviously wasn’t to or about you and had zero to do with layering. It was clearly to OP as it had no one indicated otherwise and OP is indeed b****ing. And not about layering. L2 read.

My fault. I’ll delete it.

Whole Blizzcon panel on recreating WoW Vanilla as WoW Classic.

Omar Gonzales - Senior Software Engineer who has been with Blizzard since prior to the launch of Vanilla to talk about their efforts to locate the backups of vanilla data.

Going into what the found they had as far as source code; art assets; and data base. Also covers how their development cycle led to lost information on their earliest databases.

Bugs are intended: https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/18/18630556/world-of-warcraft-classic-known-issues-bugs-not-bugs-not-issues-either-lol-n00b

Additional pertaining to traps and target detection:

There was something else I recall seeing stating they wanted this to be as authentic as possible so bugs from 2004-6 that didn’t get fixed would be making appearances. I don’t recall ever seeing them state that they wouldn’t eventually fix them in the future though.

Or just stating that it was possible back in Vanilla. Its not ignorant behavior, its stating a fact.

1 Like

When OPs post is not about whether a Hunter can or can’t solo DM at all, what you said is 100% irrelevant. You’ve clearly jumped to a conclusion without reading the whole original post.

OP first paragraph he says he see’s a dude who can solo DM. Then he says its not the players skill but the state of the game. How is saying that hunters farming DM in vanilla is irrelevant? Because that was the state of the game in vanilla.

Meaning those skills and the lag between aggro was present. It’s 100% relevant.

1 Like