One of the New Dracthyr Jokes is Downright Disrespectful

First, to preface, I agree with the majority of jokes/flirts that were removed in the past - not all, but most.

Some people found them funny, but they were removed out of respect for the people they might offend, which is good. (Though female dwarves still need new jokes added, you left them with literally 2) But that’s for another topic.

I am also aware I am going to get a lot of flack for wasting a feedback post on something like this, but honestly, this whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth.

On the beta, Dracthyr now have their jokes and flirts. The issue however, is that one of them is a direct jab at a group of players:

To be frank, you guys know better. You knew this was a jab at people who wants tails for worgen. One look at GD will show you many threads showing you that people understand this is an insulting jab at those players. There’s multiple threads about how Blizzard “showed them” and how “maybe now they’ll shut up” and such.

Making jabs at any group of player that you know will insult them should never be done by a development team of a game. Even if they’re asking for something the developers don’t want to give. It tells them you don’t care about them.

If you removed all those jokes a year ago in 9.1.5 out of respect for the players that they might have offended, please remove this joke before it goes live, as it is very clear you have disrespected a portion of your playerbase.

Not to mention this feels like you attempting to answer their request, but in the most disrespectful way possible.

A blue post in their main thread (linked above) would have gone a lot farther. Saying “We have no plans to give Worgen tails at this time.” would have gone so much longer than making a jab at the players.

Hell, a blue post followed by the joke reveal probably would have gone over well. Because then they feel respected that you acknowledged their request, and then made a joke about it. But you jumped straight into a joke as your response, which comes off incredibly disrespectful.

EDIT: Also, for the record, I am not in the “I want Worgen Tails” crowd - I just find the situation rather appalling.

72 Likes

Give me a break.

130 Likes