Snarky jokes at the playerbase's expense

As someone who plays his own Worgen hunter “Khablam” a lot. I could honestly care less if Worgen’s had tails OR if Blizz makes a joke about players asking to have them. It’s just a silly joke in a silly cartoon video game. DEAL WITH IT…

they joke, or they see it as absurd, but in the end it doesn’t matter at all if the devs only see the oranges of the CC while the rest of the community ignores them.

While we not only ask for BETTER CUSTOMIZATION, but also better features and systems, such as new classes ALREADY SEEN in Warcraft 3 such as the Tinker, Necromancer and Blademaster, but nevertheless worse than the mockery we have negative responses from people who will not serve as If only the evoker was a better choice as a single class and as a single breed of Drakthyr lizard gators with wings.

But everything is useless because in the end the news devs only listen to the CC subforum and I see that so many threads, and threads for a WoW closer to the Azeroth experience BEFORE a new news devs experience are just IGNORED.

That is why in vain we will have to listen to the ridicule and bad answers of a thread that in the end only the true community sees what we want in WoW and not those that new devs want them, because in the end it will not be heard by what I see.

there’s a petition going @ change . org

Seriously though. If you’re actually upset about a very minor poking fun joke about pixel tails…you just sound miserable. I still want Worgen tails and the snarky joke was fun.

2 Likes

@OP - your ego must bruise easily if this Evoker /silly offends you.

To every one who keeps jumping on the ‘If your offended’ bandwagon, I’m not, I don’t really play worgen, and while I do want them to get the tail as an option (just like I wish tauren didn’t have hover cloaks at a 45 degree angle from their lower backs) it’s more about the tone Blizzard has taken to a portion of the player base.

Maizou put it much more elegantly than I did here One of the New Dracthyr Jokes is Downright Disrespectful but the problem is the disrespect it shows to a portion of the player base that has been asking for a cosmetic option to be added.

Jokes between races are fine, the Vulp fox hunt one, or the HM Tauren/Taunka/Yongol one is pretty dang funny, the problem is, that this isn’t a joke about things between races, this is a joke at the expense of the player base, even if only a segment of it.

The joke is, more or less, the devs going “Oh, we’re the new race and got more cosmetic options than all the other races combined, haha, you don’t get the one cosmetic option people have been asking for for years” THAT is the problem.

If you look to find insults, you will be insulted.

4 Likes

Wasn’t everyone making fun at Teldrassil being burned when the Dark Iron Dwarf joke? Now is it bad? :eyes:

They just do these kind of things. Shows they are at least a little aware of stuff here. I don’t think is that bad.

1 Like

I’m not gonna quit WoW over this or anything, but nor do I feel like those saying that people should /get over it/themselves/grow up/learn to take a joke/etc/ really have a leg to stand on.

Was it just a joke? Yes. But I think it was in poor taste and bad management.

In short, it was unprofessional condescension from a company that now has a BAD history of such behavior, and it truly makes me worry about their future.

They made a public effort to “clean up” in a way that was largely unasked for and unwelcome, then they turn around and put more of the same type of behavior in the game. It’s like they want those who don’t understand the game to nod and say, “better” while the abuse continues behind the scenes for those who know what to look for, i.e. the players.

I’m not saying we should make this a game for 5-year-olds, but I do hope to see more class from blizz after all that has happened.

4 Likes

Youre spare parts bud

1 Like

This is why modern comedy is a literal joke. Rodney Dangerfield, Sam Kinison and the like would not have survived in today environment. Too many soft people out there, way too easily offended.

In point of fact, there are 9 threads with more views, and 14 with more replies than the ‘Give Worgens Tails’ thread.

Just give Worgen tails lmao.

1 Like

Bruh, it’s LITERALLY A TAIL ON A FICTIONAL CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME.

You furries make me want to commit war crimes, you’re all so cringe and troglodyte-ish

4 Likes

I support you guys, I hope that you get your tails.

3 Likes

Aight, I’ll bite, shoot.

Blizz makes a lot oofs. This isn’t their first nor last rodeo.

“Now”? Where you’ve been? They’ve BEEN this way.

Which wasn’t for our benefit.

'Cause it’s how the company is. They roast us and only “clean up shop” to avoid lawsuits they can’t pay/talk their way out of.

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

2 Likes

Oh come on. Sure they would.

There are plenty of moden comics who have said plenty of things on par, or worse. That are quite good. And popular.

Guess they were not very good comedians, probably were not then because I don’t even know who they are.

1 Like

I hate seeing people defend Blizzard. Hating Blizzard should be an international pastime collectively enjoyed by everyone.

2 Likes