One of my favorite parts of classic was taken away

Couple questions

1. You routinely spam stocks for 6 straight hours for friends? Do you really?

2. Can’t you just count? Put a little post it note next to your keyboard with tally marks? Once there’s 25 you stop so you can get all your raids in and have a few left overs?

2 Likes

I would consider myself an average player. I probably play 4-6hrs a day depending. If I even farm instances I do an hour worth and call it a day. All my raid consumes, cloth, arcane crystals I gather on my own and the rest I sale on the ah. So yes, if prices rise this will definitely benefit me.

2 Likes

Yes, I expect if your main is a mage and you spend 6 hours a day farming, you’re all about this change. So are the botters.

So the takeaway from that was that I spend the entire 6hrs farming and that it’s all done on my mage?

2 Likes

I’m a bit unsure why one would farm on literally any other class. Theres a reason almost every bot is a mage.

Uh yes, I can answer your questions good sir.

1. I love boosting people. I don’t charge, and its only for friends and guildies, who all have mains, so just our alts. I kind of became the unofficial booster. Yes, I know some people hate boosts and boosters, don’t tell us how to play in our own guild please and thank you.

Anyway, back in March we did a charity event with several sponsors that raised a ton of money for St Judes Children’s Hospital. I spent 12+ hours a day for two weeks straight helping people level for this event (I help from level 10-30, they were on their own for the other levels, and I helped A LOT of them). It was amazing that so many people participated.

This change would have made that not possible.

1. Man, Now I gotta use notepad when I wanna farm low instances. Really? And I noticed while boosting people that instance lockouts were kinda funky and some would get locked and others wouldn’t so we’d have to wait like 20 minutes for everyone. What if that happens, messes up my count, now I’m at 30 and WOOPS now my priest can’t go to ZG tonight, and I was one of 3 healers that signed up (as is the case tonight, I am only 1 of 3 healers and the only priest). So yes, that COULD DEFINITELY HAPPEN.
1 Like

It has zero effect against botting since they are more than willingly to level up a new farmer on a different realm to bypass this fix while any normal player isn’t going to make that kind of time investment to level up, find a new guild, friends and everything else. This change makes no impact against its intended target while negatively affecting people it shouldn’t.

Players who don’t ever hit the cap don’t care but just because you won’t be affected does not mean this a good solution by any means.

4 Likes

Exactly my point! Well said.

Instead of having the same 600 bots on one server, we’re just going to have six different sets of 100 bots. Or more.

Big ole swing and a miss, blizz.

2 Likes

That’s not the point, the point is we pay for a service, and then they come and say how often you can use said service. If they limit what you can and can’t do it should be free to play

2 Likes

Just like the swimming pool right?
You pay to get in and they set the hours, it should be free.

4 Likes

You do not speak for the majority. Obviously. Because the majority are agreeing with him.

1 Like

Yep. This is just like a swimming poot.

/facepalm

There always was a limit of 5 instances per hour. You’re really running stocks for 6 hours straight?

Uh, on days when I get motivated to, probably like 10-12+ hours. I can do a stocks run in about 10-12 minutes. So I hit the 5 cap and have like 10-20 minutes for everyone in the party to reset. (resets do appear weird like some people get reset and others dont so we gotta wait another 5-10 minutes for everyone to be reset together). Then its another 50 minutes of stocks runs. Its not hard to do. Its what I enjoy doing with my day.

2 Likes

It’s an mmo so it does effect ppl.

Now they need to fix pathing.

1 Like

I mean, on balance it forces way more people to actually play the game instead of getting boosted while /afk.

Behavior like that ought to be handicapped.

1 Like

Why though? Because you say so? And the people I boost are people that I would be doing the 5 man dungeon with anyway since our guild pretty much only does content with each other. So how am I affecting the rest of the community in a negative way AT ALL?

The person who was mysteriously locked out must have run an instance in the last hour (on any character).

No, this is over a 6-10 hour period, all of us in the same group. Doing the same dungeon together. The resetting counter is buggy af.