Once upon a time WoW had roaming PVE dangers

See, I remember back in the day when the world had hidden dangers for careless wanderers—elites that could kill most solo players, requiring at least a group of three or more. Like Knucklerot and Luzran that wandered up and down the Dread Scar in Ghostlands. Or the hard dragon that was just flying by the river in Hillsbrad, Narillasanz. And let’s not forget the dragons sleeping by the dream gates, like Emeriss, Lethon, Taerar, and Ysondre.

Yah sure, you could solo some of this if you were high enough level, but it was not meant to be soloed—it was designed for group fun, playing with friends. They should leave stuff like this as options for people who enjoyed it, not remove the danger just because some don’t like group content. Keep solo content for players who enjoy solo play, and group content for those who enjoy that.

The point I’m trying to make is that stuff like this, which was supposed to bring that danger and fear of wandering off, was group content and guild content—things that are dying in World of Warcraft. I made a post recently about this, saying that we need to bring stuff like this back. There’s nothing wrong with solo content, and there’s nothing wrong with group/guild content. More variety for players means more enjoyment of the game. Here’s the link to my post: Revitalizing Guilds in World of Warcraft.

1 Like