Once More with Feeling: Premades vs PUGs

Most pugs don’t even bother communicating or trying to organize/work with the team. They want to queue solo, play solo, not talk to anyone, finish the match with 2 killing blows and somehow get the rewards as if they were actually contributing.

As long as this would favor pugs over low-end premades, it would be a ridiculous change.

Trade chat premades are far better than pugs and should not be earning less honor.

They could put in something like the two-tiered rated v. unrated system from retail.
But that would be pretty far from vanilla.

But in the end I just don’t see raging about having to premade as much different than what I did when I found out in April 2005 that endgame content required 40 people. I raged and raged about how other people weren’t more “skilled”, they just had 40 people and I didn’t. Ultimately realized the challenge was, in fact, putting together 40 people.

2 Likes

It isn’t more fun. It is a way to play the game with the lowest possible amount of investment. During coordinated play you are completely immersed in the game, reacting quickly, calling stuff out on discord and actively trying to predict the other team’s movements. THAT is fun, and if you think puging is more fun than that you probably don’t like the game very much in the first place.

while what you say appears bad at first sight it’s actually not a problem as long as it happens on both sides. Because it gives others an opportunity to excel by playing in teams, or better, or taking on lead roles.

if you want organized pvp with tactics and strats, increase death penalty. then only the serious will queue. in this MMO that wont happen - there’s even no repair bill to pvp deaths which is obscene. other MMOs have various forms of death penalty up to permadeath.

Several people who either didn’t read or are decisively proving Number 2 in the OP. If you want to figure out how much more honor or rank points the premade queue should receive over the pug queue, if any, then discuss that. No reason to trash each other now; figure out the details of the requested change.

I tried suggesting “refuces bonus honor for pugs so pugs earn around trade chat premade honor/hour” on at least two of your threads but it was trolled into oblivion by people insisting they shouldn’t be “punished” for “playing the game in a different way”.

And when I countered saying that if premades didn’t get extra honor for their efforts premades would just end, which was countered by what can be sufficiently summarized as “good riddance to the sweaties”

I just played 5 pugs in a row while pugging. Get rekt

Because #2 is a stupid argument. Here’s an idea, turn on voice chat and use it. Now, congratulations, you can be as coordinated as the premade is with your pug. If you want to all run around doing your own thing, then stop being mad that you’re getting destroyed. Premades aren’t magically better at PvP, they just have someone taking lead and giving direction.

1 Like

No it doesn’t.

A premade vs premade is the same as a pug vs pug. Pugs would get no more honor per hor than premades.

1 Like

Because the tools to queue solo is also there.

You don’t just get to ignore that the design of BGs involves both solo and group queueing players.

2 Likes

Except a trade chat premade would still have to fight the hardcore premades, and the pugs wouldn’t, so the trade chat premade would gain less honor, which would be silly.

Or, block premades and then everyone benefits from the faster queue times.

there is no option to do that.

Uh huh.

It was Mar 25, 2020 and everybody was finally equal.

And…?

Not all pugs are equal either. A premade fighting a better premade is no different than a pug fighting a better pug.

Then how are premades doing it?

That is wholly dependent on how long the games last.

:cactus:

And, given that the trade chat premade is superior to the pug, the pug shouldn’t be getting more honor.

Pug vs Pug games can easily last as long as premade vs premade.

Right so since premades are just better, premade vs premade will get bettet honor per hour than pug vs pug and there is no issue with separating the queues.