Once More with Feeling: Premades vs PUGs

The bar to hit before you’re considered a slot in b13 or b14 is not a competition, it’s a literaly test of time commitment. You get in line like everyone else as long as you can hit the right honor per hour. That’s not a competition with anything other than the whims of your HPH.

Sure, I can agree with that. Time spent is considerably longer doing it on your own though.

Zipzo, you’re being pulled into Bozho’s troll trap. He/she has followed me around the forums for a week or so posting absurd comments. I ignored him so I don’t have to see his posts any longer. You can do so by clicking his name, view activity, and in the top right corner of the next page move from “normal” to “ignore” and save yourself some griefing.

Again, discussing if/how honor should be adjusted when we inevitably move to separate brackets for premades and pugs is totally cool. Just try to avoid circular 1-on-1 arguments is my suggestion.

It’s a discussion on a public forum. You don’t dictate the topic or it’s discussion, dude.

This is how you find common ground and understanding. This particular part of this thread hadn’t even been discussed, why are you attempting to stifle it? They pulled me around to their line of thinking, which is a good thing.

You are so conceited.

noone is dodging

Sure they’re not, sure they’re not.

oh I see, yet another topic you have no idea about lol.

I know that premades are being matched against pugs, that’s really all that’s relevant to the topic.

I’d take your word for it, but I think I saw a video with ion like that, only the question was about whether classic+ or tbc would follow he was referring to. But there was a q&a blue post from the dev team. This question was referencing the aq event, but it shows their outlook on any “changes” throughout classic.

[Q: For the Gates of AQ event, are you guys keeping the resources and amounts the same for turn-ins or can we expect you to have a few tricks up your sleeves to prevent stockpiling prior? Personally I’d prefer the latter since it seems more in the spirit of the event.

A: #nochanges

In all seriousness, one of our core pillars is to recreate the original experiences as authentically as possible. This will extend to the required resources of the AQ War Event. We realize there is nothing we can do to unwind the knowledge gained over the years. What we do have control over is ensuring that World of Warcraft Classic matches as closely as possible to the original 1.12. data.

1 Like

have you tried socializing and making your own group? Sounds like you are just bad at the game lol

1000% support from me. I lost ALL of the BGs I joined yesterday, all but one was a premade. Between the ridiculous queue times in AV, sometimes pushing 3 hours and the win rate in WSG and AB (near zero) There is no way a solo player like myself will ever get to rank 8. It’s just a complete waste of time. In fact, I’ve logged in less and less. Is that what Blizzard wants?

3 Likes

Classic doesn’t emphasise solo play end game like retail does.

Yes, you have a choice between 2 versions.

Cool mog, is that from the latest raid?

Bad troll. Lawl

I wasn’t trolling. I think that mog is cool, especially on a troll race.

Best of luck to you.

The que times shouldn’t matter b/c everyone from your faction is experiencing it. If you’re experiencing a lot of pug vs premade, that means other pugs from your server are as well, making competition fair. Now if a lot of HORDE from your server are premading, THAT will affect your rank competition. They are going to set the brackets higher. Losing to the alliance premades isn’t your problem.

Yeahhh, if we could get a Blizzard response, that would be great.

NOW!

We’re blessed that Blizzard doesn’t make rash decisions at a drop of a hat. I don’t believe you’ll ever get a response but at the very least, give them more than a week.

Yeah… premades are frustrating. I think most people can agree that we don’t mind that they exist, it’s the frequency of how many times you face them. Every WSG/AB I join that is vs a premade is extremely one sided. Every now and then you’ll face a bad premade and you actually stand a chance (or even win) which is nice, but when your GY is camped and you have to wait as a ghost for the game to end… those games are the real keyboard smashers. Whenever it’s PUG vs PUG, I love it. Even if your team comp is bad the fact that both teams have limited communication and aren’t fully buffing/using consumables gives the game some balance. I’ve already accepted that 90% of my BGs (except AV) will be losses. I have a lot more fun going to LHC or BRM and just causing some mischief (thank goodness for being a rogue).

TL:DR

Premades are frustrating, but will always exist. Hopefully we can find a way to bracket them in a way that makes it fair for people who PUG. If you want honor, go do some world pvp.

The honor system in itself, doesn’t involve the sort of brackets that separate pugs and premades into different skill ratings.

I respect your choice to find your own alternative. Best of luck in BRM, give em hell.

Still waiting on that response, Blizz. Time to fix Classic WoW PVP.

I turned our current concerns for Classic PVP into a YouTube video. I don’t have privilege to embed since forum trolls got me suspended but here it is if you want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knyEflr0EDM.