Once again asking for Era to get repeatable turn ins for World Buffs

You’re aware that Boons came out before era was a thing, right?

Yes, it was called “classic wow” prior to the TBC release, but it was still the same thing as era- the recreation of the vanilla version of the game. Boons are not a vanilla feature.

1 Like

This seems like a negative to me.

I love begruntled hunters they are a core part of my immersion.

#nochanges
#*notthischange
#plzaddMMRtoWSG

That’s fair, the apathy adds extra threat when they kite captains after Vael

I didn’t say it would completely wreck the game. I just said it will never increase the longevity of the game and would only ever decrease it. It’s just silly of you to talk about “long-term” this and “longevity” that when discussing the addition of shortcuts. Shortcuts gonna shorten.

1 Like

But how am I going to parse with 7 wives, 28 children, and 14 jobs?

I don’t have time to get world buffs!!!

1 Like

What did I do? I quoted Blizz’s Classic website about what Classic is, since you seem to have forgotten. Its not like I attempted to speak on behalf of an entire community while not being on the same page with them.

Boons don’t have anything to say about your request. Boon was a dumb move that never should have happened but its too late to worry about that now. That doesn’t mean we get more concessions added on top of it. Chronoboon was your one and only gift. Enjoy it.

You’re free to ask and you’re entitled to your opinion but maybe you should give SoD a try.

2 Likes

Discussing longevity over a game with permanent “forever” servers feels like a weird convo to have.

2 Likes

I suppose my arguement is that im seeking it as a solution for more long term players.

Eventually the playerbase might recede with very few new faces joining. The mainstay members of the population will already have a heavy enough workload teaching new players, leading raids, etc. My goal is to limit the work for these kinds of folks and allow them to continue to provide a meta-defining resource in the evnetuality the player pop does reach that point.

The folks that leave after getting BiS on a toon will regardless, so I don’t even consider them as a part of the equation.

1 Like

Corpseknife is a Fed working at Blizzard. I’m convinced of it.

So far the opposite has always occurred on Era, because the game itself is amazing.

Careful of malthusian traps

You can’t use words like “malthusian” when you talk to Ort. You have to use little words.

You too man, gotta be careful out there!

3 Likes

If Ort simply wanted to have a convo about potentially “running out of” specific WBs five years from now, he could probably make a decent case.

Id just assume long term Era players will have evolved beyond the point of needing every single WB all the time.

1 Like

That seems alluring and all, but I don’t care for the idea of changing Era. The whole point is to maintain the game as it was. And I especially cannot get behind the idea of adding something that removes or reduces the amount of time required to accomplish a goal.

Well…you know what the say about assuming…

You make yourself look like a giant butt head.

Also once again, like Ort said, it’s just semantics at this point cause no one said we “needed” the buffs. We want the buffs.

So… tax dollars paying his salary and Blizzard paying his salary? That’s not a bad setup.

Maybe. There have already been quite a lot of changes that have crept in over time. If we continue going forward, eventually there may be so many changes that the game become unrecognizable.

I haven’t seen anybody complain about the macro system at all, nor about the character screen. I think I may have seen some posts about the options menus or maybe about class class colors in chat, but not much about a lot of those sorts of things.

People have posted about leeway, spell batching, nameplate view distance, etc.

We have mostly just accepted that the Chronoboon is here, changes to some dungeon mobs, dungeon logout respawn locations, the new guild interface, etc., etc. are just how it is now, I guess…

I think Cezar is right that it belongs on its own client if they are going to be making changes to other versions of the game on the same client that impact it.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Your values are valid. I’m simply of a different opinion and appreciate your viewpoints, but they aren’t enough to convince me to change my opinion.

1 head will still drop per raid. 1 lockout per toon - which means 1 buff per raid still. I don’t think any of the downsides you present will be that present in the overall meta - since new toons will always be prio’d head since they need the loot. I just want the capability in the case we ever need to let a head rot due to limitations put in places years ago (in a version of the game that was expected to evolve eventually anyway)

2 Likes

As more people get geared the desire to make alts increase since they basically get everything handed to them (or min bid in GDKPs).

That’s why this warlock exists.

The game resolves this specific problem on its own already without removing friction from world buffs.

You sound like a constitutionalist stuck in time.

The game was never perfect- and up until burning crusade release it was consistently adjusted and modified.

The actual perfect version was TBC prepatch too btw

1 Like