Once again asking for Era to get repeatable turn ins for World Buffs

With the most recent patch notes, this particular section stood out:

Players who have completed the appropriate quests related to looting the Head of Onyxia, Heart of Hakkar, or the quests involving killing Rend Blackhand will now be able to hand in a repeatable quest once a month to re-trigger these world buff effects. These new quests grant no rewards and confer no other benefits other than triggering the world buff event on your realm.
There is now a 10-second cooldown on obtaining a new Darkmoon Faire buff from Sayge in Season of Discovery (was a 4 hour cooldown).

This is something we’ve been asking for, for quite some time in the era community. This change would help the game’s longevity, and provide a reason to keep veteran players going back to those instances. The world buff community on NA/East Coast cluster thanks you for hearing us out.

Also BRING BACK STORMREND AND ANNUAL SCOURGE EVENT

15 Likes

You want to increase th games longevity by removing the need to play more?

:thinking:

8 Likes

You mean level less alts? Yeah. More world buffs is not a problem.

4 Likes

The game has yet to prove its longevity?

7 Likes

Yeah. So you think that removing the need to level alts will make people play the game more? How does that work exactly?

1 Like

People gonna level alts regardless. People who don’t want to level alts aren’t. Nothing really changes tbh.

This just enables lazy people to keep dropping world buffs, and cuts down that slim margin of people begrudgingly levelling their 6th hunter to take a head to drop or sell.

2 Likes

It’s needed.

Even if it’s just the month long reset on buffs, that’s kind of the bare minimum at this point I think.

Era players have: paid for transfers, or to clone their characters. Throw us a bone for that paid service.

Monthly reset of world buffs would be so big for like you said not having to level alts just for that as well as the looming fear of scarcity of world buffs.

2 Likes

#NoChanges needed other than bug fixes.

Asking Blizz to implement any changes will only infuse more bugs into Era.

3 Likes

"What is WoW Classic and how do I play it?

A: World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft. Combat mechanics, original character models, and skill trees all contribute to a truly authentic experience, so players can once again experience Azeroth as it was. It is available for all players with an active subscription or non-recurring game time."

6 Likes

We’ve been over this, boons are a thing.

So you don’t think anyone is going to be motivated to level an alt so they can have another set of world buffs?

Adding shortcuts will never have the effect of increasing the longevity of a game. Making people’s goals easier and less time consuming only means that they’ll spend less time and quit the game sooner. That’s what you sacrifice for convenience.

2 Likes

I didn’t say that at all. Read the second sentence and stop cherry picking.

Of all people who don’t want to level alts, a good majority simply won’t. Those that would - will find a reason to level that alt anyway regardless of a single turn in of a quest item or not.

There have been a laundry list of changes to Era.

1 Like

You said…

My point is this will never be true. Making the game take less time and require less investment will only ever decrease the games longevity.

Regardless, I’m not like to change my opinion on this. I think your point is inconsequential to the upside the playerbase will gain in the longterm with similar changes.

1 Like

Long-term? Lol… There is no long-term if you add shortcuts to the game. That’s my whole point.

2 Likes

Boons being a thing doesn’t mean repeatable WBs should be a thing.

3 Likes

And I believe that your point is wrong. Adding a repeatable turn in for a WB isn’t the nuclear bomb to the player base that you think it is.

1 Like

Past changes are not a justification for future changes.

I’m against chronoboons and the pvp revamp, even spell batching- it’s all against the spirit of what classic Era is intended to be the preservation of. I’d gladly see those past changes reverted.

No changes means no changes. The game was perfectly fine as it was in 1.12.1.
I don’t play vanilla for QoL.

3 Likes

nah we’re just arguing semantics bro. You pulled out a definition that was factually incorrect. Sorry.

I can respect the difference in philosophy behind your message though, but I disagree.

2 Likes